Chapter 14 (Suspicious, tattooed man)

"Stay here. Don't go anywhere until I talk to you." Damien demanded when they came closer to a certain room. "Don't speak to anyone either."

Annabella rolled her eyes. Did he think of her as a kid?

"Okay, okay. Don't worry. I'll stay right here like a statue. I won't move even an inch." She scoffed.

Damien patted her head. "Good girl."

Annabella looked at his departing figure in shock. He really did think of her as a child. Humph!

Damien approached the entrance of the room and spoke to the bodyguards who were dressed in black suits, wearing large chains-looking silver bracelets and red sunglasses. Though they appeared kinda weird, they looked like dangerous people. Maybe they belonged to the mafia or something?

Annabella's chest rose up and down when she spotted the four men. Why was there such a strong security protection? Who was that person? A minister or a businessman? She didn't know.

Why Damien wanted her to meet that person? As she thought, was it his father? What if it was someone else? Then why would he want her to meet him or her? She couldn't understand.

Sure enough, Damien himself was full of questions. He was such a mysterious person despite being a mere teenager. Nope, he wasn't a normal teenager. She could confirm that. There was something else he was hiding from her. Actually, he was hiding many things from her!

Annabella laughed at herself. Why would she even bother to think about his secrets and whatnot? She shook her head. Maybe... She was curious? Hmm... That made sense.

After talking with the bodyguards for some time, Damien returned to Annabella's side and took her hand gently. "Let's go to the banquet."

"Wait!" Annabella blurted out, looking up at him. "Are we not gonna meet your friend anymore?"

Damien chuckled. "Who said he's my friend?" He paused for a while before talking again. "Apparently, he hasn't arrived yet. Let's wait till he comes."

"Okay."

They slowly walked towards the hall where the banquet had taken place.

Annabella felt relieved. She was glad to know that it was a male. She thought if it was a female... He brought her to convince that person that he had already moved on from her. Annabella didn't like such dramas.

She shook her head at her foolishness. What kinds of crazy thoughts did she get there?

"Why are you shaking your head?" Damien opened his mouth, breaking the silence between them.

"Nah, nothing." She quickly replied.

"You like to think so much, don't you?" Damien asked with a grin plastered on his thin lips.

Annabella glared at him. "No way."

Damien still grinned without saying anything further. It was clear that he didn't believe her.

Annabella pouted her lips, aggrieved. She couldn't say anything either because... He was kinda correct, wasn't he?

Damien took her to a long wooden table which was filled with various kinds of desserts. He grabbed a plate and put a chocolate cake slice on it along with a fork.

Annabella frowned when she saw him pulling out a cake piece using the silver fork, ready to put it inside his mouth.

What a selfish person! He didn't even ask whether she needed some or not!

Damien reached out and put the cake piece in front of Annabella's lips. "Aaa?" He opened his mouth, motioning her to do the same, ready to feed her.

Annabella's heart filled with warmth. She never thought that he was gonna feed her! Shit, she misunderstood his good intentions!