Chapter 2 (The conflict between the mother and daughter pair)

Annabella furrowed her eyebrows, looking confused.

"What did you say? Curry?"

Mrs Parker pulled her daughter's hands away from her waist before going towards a pot and adding some coconut milk to it.

"What are you cooking this time?" Annabella asked again when she didn't get an answer.

"Mmm... Indian dahl curry." Her mother replied absentmindedly as she was immersed in making the curry.

"Whaaat?" Annabella blurted out in disbelief.

"Last week you made Chinese dumplings, noodles and Hunan shrimp. Two days before yesterday, you made... Mm.. yeah, Srilankan fish curry and yesterday Arabic kebabs. Mom, really! What's your obsession with Eastern food?" Annabella took a deep breath after she finished talking.

"What's up with you? Don't you like what I make?" Mrs Parker asked without looking at her.

Annabella let out a loud sigh.

"Mom, I'm a Western girl. How can I eat Eastern food? It's like asking a lion to eat noodles instead of meat."

Mrs Parker chuckled when she heard that.

"In fact, recently I watched a youtube video about a lion who ate NOODLES!" She emphasized the word, noodles.

Annabella blinked her big, round eyes innocently.

"Okay, then. I'll change it to a tiger. Not a lion."

Mrs Parker poked her forehead.
"This child!"

She diverted her attention to the curry again.

"Don't worry. I'm sure that you'll like it." She said firmly.

"Not as much as I like my pizza!" Saying that Annabella grabbed a pizza box from the counter.

Mrs Parker facepalmed herself.

"Put it down." She commanded. "They aren't healthy as my food."

"They aren't healthy as my food, blah blah blah..." Annabella repeated her words mockingly.

"Anna...Bella..." Mrs Parker yelled, this time a bit angrily.

"Wow, Mom. I never knew that you have two daughters. Anna, Bella. Pfft!" Annabella covered her mouth to prevent herself from laughing out loud.
Mrs Parker didn't know how to deal with her nasty daughter. That daughter of hers was very much childish, unlike the other girls at her age.

"Hey, are you looking for a beating?" Mrs Parker used her final card.

"Mom." Annabella pouted her lips cutely.

"I'm hungry. Please, let me eat my pizza for today. I'll eat your food from tomorrow on."

Her mother rolled her eyes. She knew very well that the tomorrow thing she mentioned, would never come in this lifetime. She had no choice but to give up with a final warning.

"Remember that junk food isn't good for your health. Eat less in the future."
"I know, I know," Annabella mumbled half-heartedly while chewing a pizza slice with a happy smile on her rosy lips.

"By the way mom, where's dad?" Annabella asked after a while.

"He went to a party at one of his friends' house. He said he'll be late tonight." Mrs Parker said, removing her apron after she finished cooking.
"Oh." Annabella nodded understandingly.

"Then it's a waste that you tried so hard to make a curry. No one's gonna eat it."
Mrs Parker gave her daughter a side glance.

"Who says no one's gonna eat it? I'll put it inside the refrigerator so that my daughter can heat it up tomorrow and eat it as her BREAKFAST." Mrs Parker stated matter-of-factly.