Chapter 11 (Consoling her)

Annabella narrowed her eyes while putting her hands on her hips to show him that she got annoyed by him. "Excuse me, sir. What the hell did you say just now?"

Damien shrugged his shoulders. "Sister Strawberry, I don't think I need to repeat the same thing over again and again. You heard me just right." He even gave her a wink.

Annabella shook her head in disbelief. "There's no way I'm gonna cook for you. Moreover, there are no ingredients."

"Then let's go shopping I mean to the grocery store?"

Annabella clicked her tongue. "No need. Mom has already gone there I guess."

"Oh." Damien nodded his head understandingly before standing up from the sofa.

Rubbing his hands together, he said sincerely, "Then it's time for me to leave. Thanks for taking care of me, Annabella."

Annabella froze when she heard him call her by her name. She strangely felt happy instead of getting angry like she did any other time. She reached out her hand to stop him from leaving nevertheless, she knew that it was the end of their encounter.

Maybe... they wouldn't meet each other from now on... for the rest of their lives.

Why was it making her feel somehow... bad?

(Damien: Aren't you thinking too much?)

Suddenly, Damien paused when he got a notification from his phone. His expression changed in an instant. He tightened his grip on his phone, diving into a deep thought.

Annabella was surprised and went up to him to see what was going on. Out of curiosity, she enquired, "What is it?"

Her voice made Damien fall to earth. He glanced back at her saying, "I need help from you like hell! Can you help me, please? Please, Annie."

Annabella's eyes flung open when she heard him calling her 'Annie'. The memories of her past came crashing down to her mind. Soon, her eyes turned red as she sobbed. "Don't call me that, please."

She dropped to the floor and hugged her knees, putting her head between them while crying hysterically.

Damien: "..."

He was simply dumbfounded and looked at the crybaby like a fool. He opened and closed his mouth hoping to speak, however, no words came out of his mouth when he witnessed how pitiful she was.

Suddenly, Damien had a great idea. Without saying anything, he went outside her home and made his way to her neighbour's house.

He gently knocked on the door and waited outside patiently.

Misha was fifteen and a high school student. That day she didn't go to her nerdy friend's house for studying as she normally did. It was because her favourite movie was showing on TV during the afternoon. Thus, after begging her mother like countless times, she finally managed to stay at home as she wished.

The movie was about to start when she heard a knock on the door. Misha gritted her teeth and cursed that nasty person in her mind before standing up from the couch and rushing towards the main door since she was the only one staying at home at that moment.

Before even opening it entirely, she started scolding. "Who the heck is bothering m..." Her words stuck in her throat when she saw the boy standing in front of her house, appearing like a prince charming from one of her dreams.

'So handsome.' That was all she could think of. She completely forgot about her movie as she kept staring at him without blinking her eyes as if she was afraid that he would disappear in the next millisecond.