Chapter 12 (Honeymoon)

'Ouch!'

'Thud!'

Annabella bumped into her mother, making her grocery bags fall off. The carrots shattered on the floor while a round cabbage rolled in Annabella's direction before stopping, colliding with her feet.

Annabella: "..."

She gave her mother a smile that she thought of as sweet as honey. She picked up the cabbage and hugged it in her arms.

"Anah, what a beautiful cabbage. It's beautiful just like you, Mom. Round and shiny!" She kissed the cabbage like it was a precious treasure.

Mrs Parker: "..."

She gnashed her teeth, looking mad. "Am I that fat? Am I really fat???" She asked in incredulity.

Annabella shook her head firmly. "No way, my mommy isn't fat. She's chubby and pretty like this cabbage in my arms," She said, swaying the cabbage to both sides.

Mrs Parker rolled her eyes. She didn't know how she managed to put up with a daughter like her! She was simply... Too childish!

"Shut up and pick up the carrots as well," Mrs Parker commanded like a queen from ancient times.

Lifting her chin, she tapped the floor using her foot, making a tiny click sound. She didn't forget to cross her arms above her stomach. Her whole persona looked hella arrogant and noble at the same time.

Annabella obeyed her mother right away and did as she ordered like a little servant. "Mom," She called out carefully.

"Call me Your Highness."

Annabella giggled, nodding her head like a small rat. "Okay, Your Highness. Can I have the honour to learn cooking from you?"

Mrs Parker's mood brightened up immediately. "Of course, I'm glad to teach you," She said enthusiastically.

The two of them went towards the kitchen and started preparing lunch. Annabella helped her mother to wash the vegetables.

She was washing a carrot, paying her entire attention to it like it was the most difficult task ever when she heard her mother ask, "Did you have breakfast with that boy? How's the date? Did it go well? And what were you doing outside just now? When did you get home? Did he give you a ri..."

"Woah, woah, Mom. Why are you asking so many questions?" Annabella pursed her lips, not taking her eyes off the carrots like they would disappear the minute she did so.

"I'm busy right now. I'll tell you later, okay?" Her voice sounded tired. However, her mother failed to notice that.

"Just tell me already." She forced.

"Wait a minute!" Mrs Parker's eyes flung open in shock when the realisation drowned in her mind. "You asked me to teach you how to cook because you wanted to avoid my questions, didn't you?"

She knew that her lazy daughter never liked to learn how to cook meals. When she asked her to join her, she always avoided it by giving various kinds of reasons. Such a person suddenly wanted to learn cooking. Wasn't it just too suspicious?!

Annabella swallowed her saliva. Shoot! Her mother found it out way too easily.

"Aaah, Mom. It's not like that." Annabella let out a tired sigh. "I can answer all of your questions... It's just..."

"It's just what?"

Just like that, Annabella found herself telling everything that had happened including the incident with the teenage boy. She knew although she didn't talk about him, her father would definitely discuss it with his wife. Better to do it before him to avoid any unnecessary questions.