Chapter 3 (The Gang Of Bullies)

The next day morning, Annabella was late for work as usual. She quickly wore a formal outfit and applied light makeup before rushing towards the main door.

"Wait! Eat your breakfast before going." Her mother yelled, coming out of the kitchen with a dish in her hands.

She quickly prepared the dining table for her daughter and pulled out a chair saying, "Come and eat."

Annabella froze when she recalled the spicy-looking curry. However, she didn't say anything to her mother. She simply sat down on the chair like an obedient child.

"Here, eat." Mrs Parker handed over some homemade burgers and pancakes along with pizza. The spicy-looking curry was nowhere to be seen.

Annabella was utterly stupefied.

"Mom, where's the curry you made?" Although she didn't want to remind her mother about that horrible curry, she was curious to know what had happened.

"It's not good to have spicy stuff in the morning." Mrs Parker said.

"Hmm..."

"Do you like... the food I made?" She asked after a while.

Mrs Parker felt guilty for yelling at her daughter. That night, she cooked Annabella's favourite food as compensation.

Annabella could understand this without difficulty. She felt bad about making her mother exhausted.

"Mom, they are yummy. The most delicious food I've ever eaten." Annabella said, her brown eyes sparkling like two gemstones.

Mrs Parker chuckled. "You are flattering me!"

"No, I'm not." Annabella took a bite from a pancake before sipping some milk.

"Mom, I'm sorry." She blurted out all of a sudden.

Mrs Parker's eyes turned red. "I'm sorry too. I won't bother you by asking you to marry... for two days."

"Mom!" Annabella pursed her lips.

Then they both laughed.

Annabella took a deep breath after eating the final piece of her mom's homemade pizza.

"Mom, I decided to meet him today." She said, acting like she sacrificed her entire life and soul to take that decision.

Mrs Parker's eyes lit up instantly.
"Really?" She asked with a beaming smile on her lips. "Then don't forget to send him the address and time for the date."

"...Aah okay, I'll do that."

"Did you forget something?" Mrs Parker asked again.

"No, I got all of my stuff. File, purse, phone..."

"Okay, then. Go quickly!"

"Aye, aye your grace. Bye, Mom!"

Annabella drove her not-so-expensive small red car towards a tall and large government building. There, she swiftly parked her car in the parking lot before running towards the elevator wearing her high heels.

This time, she was wearing a white shirt along with a red pencil skirt and a red coat over her shoulders. A small red handbag was hanging on her right shoulder.

Click Clack

Click Clack

Click Clack...

"Dancing ducks." Heidi blurted out when she heard that clacking noise which was caused by Annabella's high heels. It sounded more like some guns shooting without stopping.