An Afternoon Avoiding Aaron.

As the group clustered together and listened to Emily drag on about whatever she was talking about; Aaron began to bother Mia.

She had spent the entire two hours since lunch thinking about what the hell had happened to her withing 24 hours of her arriving; the bad boy of this place had kissed her. Twice. What was so difficult for Mia to understand was why the hell had he chosen her? Out of everyone there, why her? She saw everyone else as someone more beautiful than she; so why her? Ana, Emily, Kendall were all ten times more beautiful, in her eyes; so why her? What did he want? Why did he want it?

Too many questions. Too little answers.

The afternoon activites consisted of rowing and water-polo training. The last week of camp was always filled of competitions; they had every Flag group vs as many they could compete against in one week. There were water polo competitions, rowing, tennis, running, rock-climbing, swimming, and many more competitions. That was the best time of everyone's summer. So from day 1, everyone was preparing for the 'Race Week'.

Aaron kept trying to work with Mia, but she was clearly avoiding him. Mia and Emily had changed into a swim-costume and had put their Flag group's tee back on over it, and sported some black shorts. Aaron had changed into navy blue swim-trunks and wore the group's tee on top also. All 12 campers were in their navy blue swim-costumes with the camp's logo on it. Everyone was inside the pool building at Flag20 preparing themselves for swim time.

"Alright everyone!" Emily shouted over her minions and they all turned her way. "When I blow the whistle, you are going to jump into the pool, and swim to the other-side and back. Ready? Set? *Whistle blew*" The echo of the whistle hurt Aaron and Mia's ears as they stood on the side of the pool watching the youngsters crawling in the water.

"Why you ignoring me?" Aaron asked into Mia's ear. He was too close for her to be able to avoid him or his questions any longer.

"Ummm.... I'm not. I'm just... Uh." She couldn't speak.

"You what?" He took her chin and forced her to look into his eyes.

"Aaron can we please not do this here or now." She pleaded to him.

"Fine. But you can't stay mad at me forever Temple." He said making her bite her lip so he didn't notice her smiling.

After an hour of the group splashing in the pool and being allocated teams for the polo game in two weeks, Mia supervised the girls' changing room, Aaron the boys' while the campers changed.

Emily put the pool noodles away as everyone trailed out of the changing rooms one by one looking exhausted.

It was 5pm and everyone was worn out from that day. The midday heat had cooled off and all counsellors were walking their groups back to the main site where every group would gather before being allocated dinner times.

Mia walked with a small blonde haired girl called Emma who was shy and lacking confidence. Aaron walked with a young boy just the same called Milo. While Emily was being spoken to by many girls in the group.

They all reached Flag9 and gathered around the other groups waiting for Paul to show up.

"Hello everyone!" He stood on a tall ladder watching everyone.

"I hope you have all had a good day, I see a lot of wet hair and happy faces which is a good sign! I understand this is a bit inconvenient but every group has a different time to eat dinner, because we cannot fit 450 people into the dining hall at once. So Flags1-10 will have dinner at 6:00pm. Flags11-20 will have dinner at 6:30pm and Flags21-30 will eat anytime after 6:45pm. I am really sorry for the groups eating later, but you will be able to have priority for lunch and breakfast. You all have a while before your dinner times. Every evening there is an option of a few different movies available to watch in the projector room at Flag6." He trailed off and ranted on about nonsense for a few extra minutes before everyone dispersed.

Mia didn't know where to find Ana so she headed to their room in hopes of finding her there.

Ana hadn't yet arrived, so Mia closed the blinds and began to change out of her swim-costume. She was standing in her bra and a pair of dark purple sweatpants while searching for a t-shirt.

*knock knock*

Before Mia could reply to the voice the door opened.

Aaron.

They stood less than two meters away from each other. She was topless. He stood there for an uncomfortable moment then walked to her bed and sat down.

"Umm.. Can I help you Aaron?" She said standing there trying to keep her cool.

He adjusted himself, and lied down on her bed with his head resting on his hands on the pillow.

"Nah, just wanted to see yo... I mean. Well. Talk yeah.." He said attempting to make her feel better.

Typical. With just Mia's luck, Ana arrived.

The door flung open and Ana stood there.

"Miahhhh... What the... Umm..." Ana stood there with the door open, Mia standing there still in her bra, and Aaron on her bed. Louis walked up behind Ana and his eyes shot open.

"Wow shit..." Ana turned around and pushed her boyfriend out the door. She gave Mia a look as if to say 'you go girl!'. Then the door closed and they were gone.

"Can you please explain to me what the hell you're doing in here?!" Mia grabbed a t-shirt from her draw and threw it at Aaron's face.

He caught the shirt and laughed a deep roar.

Mia couldn't help but laugh at the situation she was in. She laughed more, Aaron began to laugh at her high-pitch squeaking. She then sat at the end of her bed and Aaron sat up.

"You wanna know why I came here?" He asked moving closer to the girl still sitting there in only a bra and trousers.

She nodded.

"What are you thinking?" He said moving a strand of hair hanging on her face and placing it behind her ear.

"I.... I.... I don't.... Don't know..... I don't know what I'm doing or whats happening Aaron." She spat out.

"It's okay Mia. I know." He said moving in closer and kissing her on the lips. He could feel the heat radiating off her body as they kissed for longer.

"Okay shut up! Louis please! You know Marco likes her! Please don't say anything to him about this!" Ana whispered spitting the words at her boyfriend.

"Don't say anything about what?" Marco asked approaching the two while taking a bite of an apple.

"Nothing Marco don't worry."

It was 6:25pm, 5 minutes before everyone was meant to go for dinner.

Ana stood with Louis, Marco and Marco's group's other counsellor Sarah. They all stood there talking but all Ana could think about was when Mia was going to arrive with her new boyfriend...

Ana felt a surge of jealousy warm up her insides.

"Hey." Ana felt a hand delicately tap her shoulder, she turned around to see Mia standing there acting as if nothing had just happened.

Louis knew. He knew how Ana felt about Aaron. He knew she had a crush on him. She always had. He could tell by the look on her face when she closed her room door that she wished it was her standing in front of Aaron in her bra. He knew. But there was nothing he could do.

Mia and Marco had more energy than the others so they were ranting on about their groups and how much they enjoyed day 1, Ana, Sarah and Louis spoke for a bit but spent the rest of the time listening to the chatty two. Ana did not speak much.

She wished it had been her, but she didn't know why. Ana thought she had gotten over Aaron two years ago. She wondered if Mia knew. If Mia knew that, Aaron and Ana were each other's first kiss.