Chapter 8: Changes

Lunchtime on Monday evening had put me in the worst mood when I found out my mom had signed me up for tutoring. My grades had never been the greatest, but they completely slipped to all F's when I transferred to my new school. The tutoring was cutting into my lunch hour, which was the only thing I liked about school, so I marched inside the library with a fiery attitude.

The librarian directed me towards the back where tutoring was being held, with kids having one on ones. There was one boy sitting by himself, shuffling over paperwork. That must be my guy.

"Aaron?" I asked, already sitting down. I knew his name from the piece of paper I received, letting me know I have tutoring sessions every day during lunch.

"Millicent Gomez?" He replied, pulling his body away from my presence. He seemed uncomfortable.

"It's Millie actually. No one calls me that but my mom." Aaron had glasses and acne on his face. He wore a huge hoodie, way too big for his body.

"I see you're failing... Every single one of your classes." He says still not making eye contact with me. Why was he avoiding my eyes? I was wearing a shirt that showed my cleavage, but I don't think that's why.

"Do you not like me or something?" I ask as I take out my planner. He clears his throat and shifts his eyes around the room.

"What no. I just. You are." He's stuttering over his words.

"I'm what?"

He makes eye contact with me finally. "You're Millie Gomez."

"Yeah so?" We've established that is my name.

"You're just intimidating, that's all." Jesus was I really? Now I really feel like my mom at this very moment. What the hell does he mean by that? Do I look mean and unapproachable?

"Well, I'm just a girl. I used to wear glasses and big clothes too so don't sweat it." I put my hand on his and he flinches at my touch. He was acting like he had a crush on me or something. I could use this to my advantage.

"Hey. I'm really terrible at school and I never have the time for it. Nor do I care. What if we made a deal?" I ask, playing with my red streaked hair. He moves his papers around.

"What do you mean? What kind of deal?" I looked around the room to make sure no one was listening to our conversation. The kids around us were too busy studying to pay attention to us.

"What if I made out with you like every other day and you did all my homework." I wink. This would be the perfect scenario; he does all my work and I sit back and relax.

Aaron shifts his eyes again in embarrassment.

"I've never kissed a girl before." I give him a warm smile. How cute is that?

"Perfect. I can be your first." Anything to get out of doing homework was a win for me.

He looks up at me. "You do know if I do your homework, it only counts for half the grade. How will you pass your tests? You have to study for them." Damn I didn't think about that.

"I'll figure it out." I wave my hand. I'm sure I can copy off my neighbor or something.

"Okay deal." I'm surprised he agreed so quickly, I was expecting a debate. I grab his hand and we run to the religion section that was known for hooking up. I heard Alex rave about the spot on multiple occasions. When we find a spot out of view from people around us, I kiss him as he leaned on a bookshelf. He was frozen at my forcefulness so I pulled back.

"Do you want me to go slower?" I ask. The books were dusty, it looked like no one ever checked them out.

He nods his head and this time I let him take the lead. He was gentle and respectful. Giving me small pecks and holding my arms. It was actually sorta sweet the way he took his time with me. I wished this was my first kiss too.