Prologue

Main Theme of book - Moth to a flame by The Weekend, Judas by Lady Gaga and Softcore by the Neighbourhood

Moths have always been a beautiful phenomena in my eyes.

The patterns that danced around on their velvety wings, the different hues that brought attention to them even from a distance. As a young girl, I used to play in my grandmother's garden, running after these beautiful creatures in hopes to catch one. "Be careful Y/N, a moth can fly to close to a fire." She used to say to me, her elder wisdom always seeking to warn me of the dangers that lurked beneath the lustre that grew from sublime charlatans that concealed their true nature.

"But why are moths attracted to flames Nanny?" I asked as I sat upon her lap whilst she twisted her fingers around my curls.

"A flame, although dangerous, can be a powerful entity that consumes anything that walks into it's path. Though dangerous, flames are beautiful wolves hiding in sheep's clothing and when a moth sees it, they are instantly drawn to their death."

Though a gloomy metaphor, my grandmother made it a ritual to always remind me to be careful of fire. Whether that was the physical rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion or the people that I was to meet in my life, she cautioned me to always have my guard up.

However I did not heed her advice, specifically when I first travelled to Hogwarts, my new home.  I became the Raven claw girl who whisked everyone away with her magical prowess. I became the Raven claw girl who started to like the colour green.

I became the Raven Claw girl who got too close to the Slytherin boy that gripped the horns of immorality, who pushed me towards a direction that I was never fated to follow.

Nevertheless, fate had a ludicrous way of departing from it's purpose, just as it did with me. My future was already decided and as many would know, we must play at the hand we are dealt. In some texts I had read about Greek Mythology, it was believed that each person's destiny was a thread spun, measured, and cut by the three Fates, Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos.

Be that as it may, that thread was not spun by the texts I was drawn to, but rather that Slytherin boy who's eyes grazed over me when I first entered the great hall. The boy who captured me in the palm of his hand and never let me go. The boy who saw the opportunity to change his own destiny within me and decided to take it.

The boy who brought me on my knees when he cast the crucio curse on me.

That boy, was no other than Sebastian Sallow.

He was a flame and like a moth, I was magnetically drawn to him, even though I knew full well, that I was going to get scorched. But no matter how much I pushed him away, he pulled me back in with his captivating eyes that enticed me, infuriated me, but most all, eyes that understood.

So a year after I graduated Hogwarts, after accepting a position as Professor, I found myself observing Sebastian Sallow, or should I saw Professor Sallow, as he cheerfully cackled away with Ominis Gaunt, my close friend.

The silver-haired now Professor, was illuminating under the bright rays of the sun, an affect that his relationship with Imelda Reyes had started to have on him. I was lucky to be privy of such an unexpected pairing, yet beautiful nonetheless.

However as the man who idolised me during our fifth year left my sight, I was left with a hole in my chest that was created when Sebastian decided I was no use to him. I had cured his sister, lifted her curse with the magic I obtained in the final Repository, which meant my purpose was completed.

Though today, was my time to start a new, to allow myself to look ahead without letting my demons reach out of find me.

Particularly, Sebastian Sallow.