Chapter 17

Playlist - Running up that hill by Kate Bush

After our little library stunt, Sebastian and I had been acting like feral rabbits. There wasn't surface that we didn't...flourish with our love. Imelda and Ominis kept teasing us, specifically my silver haired best friend who happened to walk in on us, but I suspected that he wasn't too bothered by it since he kept saying how happy he was for us. 

Sebastian was the perfect man - he took me out frequently, showered me with roses at every opportunity and made me feel like I was the only woman in the world for him. Which I was, of course. That is why, I was walking towards Nellie, who was visiting Hogwarts for the day as part of her inspection. The Brunette Gryffindor was fidgeting with the portraits in the great hall, her fingers scribbling away into her notepad. 

She wasn't a threat to me, not really, I knew what qualities I possessed, specifically much more dignity than she could ever hold. As soon as her opal eyes clocked me, her skin turned pale as paper and her mouth parted open, a shaky breath escaping her lips. 

"Nellie." I said, my tone deadpan and blunt. The woman knew why I was here, she wasn't stupid, but I still suspected some sort of resilience from her. 

"Y/N." She replied as she held her head high, turning her nose upwards in an attempt to look intimidating, but instead, she looked awfully timid underneath my height. 

"I see you're actually doing some work for once, usually you're trying to steal other women's men." 

Imelda, who happened to walk by, heard my taunting tone and I could see her bolting out of the room, most probably to find Ominis and Sebastian. But I didn't care, if a spectacle had to view my words of victory, then so be it. 

The brunette frowned at me and wrapped her arms across her chest, her lips pursed into a firm line. "I don't know what you're talking about." 

A laugh escaped my throat as I shook my head, my fingers delving into my long locks as I shifted my hair back. I sensed Sebastian's presence behind me, who was clutching onto Ominis's arm as they both tucked into to listen. 

"I knew you were dumb, but I didn't think you where delusional. How fitting for a Gryffindor." (Sorry for y'all Gryffindor homies). 

I could practically hear Sebastian's flinch and fist pumping in the air as he cheered me on silently, allowing me to have me way with this nuisance of a woman. She scoffed and gritted her teeth, her eyes narrowing, almost making the white of her eyes turn black. 

"The tiger has finally been let out of it's cage, no wonder Sebastian likes you, he does like it when a woman is rough." She smirked as she sang her insult at me, attempting to rattle me, however I stood calmly, ready to strike. 

"I bet you would like to know. The reality is, that the very place you will be inspecting next - he fucked me against the bookcase." 

Her jaw hit the floor as the words left me mouth, and my ears picked up the gasps of the three eavesdroppers behind me. "That's my girl." I heard Sebastian proclaim proudly behind me, his head peaking through from behind the column him, Ominis and Imelda where hiding. 

"I-I can r-report you for that! That's a violation!" Nellie stuttered, her cheeks flaming red from anger. 

"Oh please do, I would like to see you try and persuade Professor Weasley of the scandals I have partaken in. Just remember, who's her favourite from the both of us." I asserted confidently, whilst pushing myself on my tiptoes to hoover above her. She looked so small beneath me, like an ant under my foot, ready to be crushed. 

"Sebastian doesn't love you...he will never settle down and deep down you know that. He will be the death of you Y/N, just prepare yourself for it." The crack of her voice made me breath hitch, my heart thudding violently as her words hit me sharply like a knife. I shook my head to get her out of my mind, to stop that insecure voice in my head from leading me into that mind space I really did not want to be in. 

"Take my words of advice Nellie, and stay away from him...from us. If you know what's best for you." My threat sounded more of a whimper and I could feel my walls starting to build up again. As Nellie huffed and strutted away, the room started to blur around me, my mind taking me back to the time where Professor Rackham spoke to me in the Map Chamber - 

"You must prepare yourself child, your fate is not what it seems to be." 

I furrowed my brows as I looked at the Professor's portrait, the room suddenly turning cold. 

"What do you mean?" I asked, my blood rushing to the tips of my fingers as I averted my eyes to my feet, unable to look at the man before me. 

"Your heart is your weakness Y/N, one day, your death will come because your love for someone will induce you to sacrifice yourself." 

My throat went dry as his words, my heart slamming against my chest and my eyes widening as I was greeted with his weary gaze. Was he warning me? Like my grandmother did? A warning that my heart could not harbour love, otherwise I would lose my life? I was confused and anxious, unable to fully process all that had happened. 

After everything I had been through, after all the sacrifices I had made, I could not have a happy ending? My bottom lip trembled as the freckled Slytherin boy floated into my mind, his smile warming my heart. Those chocolate swirls of his shattering me into pieces as I imagined myself limp in his arms as his cries shattered through the air. 

"If you see my fate, do I save the one I love?" I asked in a whisper. 

The Professor looked at me, his eyes breaking in sympathy. 

"Damn, that was the most attractive thing I have ever seen." Sebastian announced as he wrapped his arms around my waist. Ominis and Imelda paddled behind, both of them holding long smirks. The students noticed Sebastian and I's embrace, and I was suddenly feeling shy. But my lover did not seem to mind as he leaned in to peck my lips. 

"Well done Y/N, you handled it perfectly." Imelda praised as she smiled, however she could see that my mouth could not provide her one in return as my thoughts ran through my mind. 

I knew that what the Professor had said was about Sebastian...I knew that this prophecy would eventually come true and that I would die, to save him. It wasn't my death that scared me, it was the fact that I would never see him again, that I would break his heart. I was so in love with him, so much so that I would give up my life for him in a blink of an eye...but I wanted to be selfish, I wanted to live a long life with him, to embrace him until our final breath, to give him the family he always wanted. 

But I knew, deep down, that my death was nearer than I had expected.