6. Ride Home

"Hey guys we're gonna head out." Stan announced, unwrapping his hands from his girlfriend. Kenny perked his head from his phone.

"Oh okay bye Stan." Kyle watched his bestfriend, Y/n remained her long distant stare into oblivion. "Bye guys, be safe." She pitched in, with not much emotion.

Kenny tried making his way to her but Stan wrapped his arm around Kenny's neck, making Kenny's plan unable to make work.

Kenny cursed underneath his parka, "Yeah bye guys, c'mon dude." Stan smiled, dragging his friend with one arm and the other he held his lover's hand.

Kyle waved to his friends, now it was just the 2 friends.

. . .

"Hey, uhm Y/n?" After saying goodbye to everyone I went to ask Y/n something.

She looked up at me, her eyes steady on mine like she wasn't just deadly staring into nothingness with a devil stare.

I clenched my backpack straps, trying to maintain my nerves.. even though I shouldn't be feeling like this.

"A-Are you- uhm.."

I was originally going to ask what was up with her and Kenny, but it wasn't my business and I didn't want to intrude.

I swallowed hard, my fingers soon relaxed letting go of the straps to the backpack.

"Do you need a ride home..-?" I managed to say.

She looked away from me then got out her phone, it seemed like she was getting more text messages. Her mood shifted again.

She soon looked at me, I looked at her.

"Kyle, I-" she choked. I looked down at her with concern, she looked like she wanted to break down but was maintaining it so well.

It made me almost blush at how strong she was. It was one of the things I admired about her.

"..Yeah I need a ride. Thank you." She soon confirmed, her hand rubbed her shoulder. I nodded my head slightly still with a worried look.

But again, wasn't my business.

Is what I kept telling myself..

Me and Y/n began walking down to my car, the air slightly heavy and not a word exchanged.

Once we got close to my car I went in as she did the same.

After a few minutes we were off on the road, leaving the hell hole once again.

- - - -

"Hey thanks for the ride Ky." The car came to a stop in front of my home, I looked over at Kyle who gave me a generous smile.

"You know I'm free whenever you need me." He replied. I weakly smiled back.

Free whenever I need you, huh?

I thought.

That thought once again ran into my mind the same one that came at school when he asked if I needed a ride.

I should tell him. It feels wrong not too.

No.

Don't do it.

He should know! He's my bestfriend after all.

"Agh! Thanks Kyle, I need .. I need to go!" I grabbed my backpack in a rush soon exiting his car.

I heard him call out for me but I was far into my mind to acknowledge his yells.

I ran inside my house and up to my room.

There I began to sink into my messy bed, crying from frustration myself to sleep.