13. Confessed

I didn't really check for errors but I will later im tired asf

I stared outside the closed window, watching the tall mountain tops pass us by, people walking on the outstrips, and cars racing beside us.

I suspire slowly, my mind not leaving the bathroom incident.

The radio played one of my favorite songs but I was not in the mood to sing my heart out, more like rip my hair out.

"Ugh, Y/n I can't do this anymore." Kyle huffed, he pulled over into a gas station. I lifted up my head slowly I looked around to see where we were at.

He parked in the back of the gas station and put his car in stop, "What's going on?"

"I should be asking you that." Kyle turned down the radio.

I watched him, being confused he soon looked at me. "You're favorite song was on, you never miss an opportunity to sing ( favorite song ) on the top of your lungs while I make fun of you for it."

My face cracked up a small smile, "You like it when I sing though.."

"Mmh, sometimes your off key but.." He smiled, I hit him playfully. He laughed softly. His eyes closed as his red curly hair dangled from his face.

I watched him Intently, admiring his features that he was so insecure about. A long time ago he admitted he hated his curly hair it was to hard to manged and he hated his nose, he said it was to big.

The truth is I always thought his insecurities were so cute, of course I never told him.

"Ahem, Kyle I have to tell you something.." my eyes shifted away from him to look at the dumpsters we were parked in front of.

Kyle looked at me, his laughs coming to a stop he sat up to listen carefully. I swallowed down hard my throat felt like there was nails in it.

And I just swallowed all of them.

He was my bestfriend, I couldn't keep this a secret anymore. It's been killing me.

"Me and Kenny.." my hands slowly turned into a fist, my nails digging into my skin.

All the memories flooded my head, the good and bad most of them were bad, to Kenny's laugh I loved so much to his disappointed look he gave me when he wasn't satisfied with my body.

I trembled trying to go further on, my fingers dug deeper into the palm of my hand to the point I could almost feel the flesh inside it.

Kyle took notice grabbing my hand in a hurry, he held them with such support. I looked at him in shock tears almost flooded my eyes.

"It's okay you don't have to explain if it's to much." He spoke softly, his face expression concerned for my mental state. I held his hand tightly, getting ready to let my emotions out.

My eyebrows curved as my mouth frowned, my throat felt hot as did everywhere else. It felt like everything was getting small.

"Kyle, me and Kenny were together a long time ago, it was just a small crush we had on each other as kids but soon we started dating, it was fine for a good while, but when we turned six teen it felt like he was only using me for my body.

He swore he wasn't but I could tell he was lying, he never said an I love you only when we.. were in the bedroom. I would have arguments about that with him and that's when the toxicity happened. He always left me whenever I needed him the most.

I would blame myself for when he left, I loved him to much and didn't see the bigger picture. It was only that one night I realized me and him should break up, I found him with another girl in MY house. In MY bedroom we would lay in. In OUR bed we talked each other like there was no tomorrow." I finally explained, there was tears burning down my cheek.

Kyle stayed quiet, letting me cry to myself, his hand never left mine which made me feel a little safe.

"Oh Y/n.." He spoke in a soft tone. I wiped my tears with my free hand crying my heart out.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner.. I could've helped." Kyle grabbed my other hand. I looked at him sniffling "Do you know how many times I did want to say something? It's hard, I was so inlove with him. I felt like you wouldn't understand."

"I understand being inlove sucks." He set my hands down, I stared at him in surprisment. I sniffed one more time before letting his hands go

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean Y/n is that.." Kyle looked down at his hands then into my eyes, he looked like he was about to say something but he closed his mouth.

"Nothing.. it's nothing, this isn't about me anyways this is about you."

My mouth hung low slightly it soon closed as I looked down to my shoes. "Well I said it.. the secret I've kept from everyone. Me and him wanted to keep our relationship a secret and move on from that mistake.. but I've been so shattered from that one night it's all I ever think about now when I see him. He said he's changing but I honestly don't know."

I rubbed my thighs with my fingers slowly.

"I'm really sorry that happened Y/n you know I would do anything to take back what happened to you, you mean so much to me."

I chuckled slightly, "Yeah I know Ky, I wish I had told you sooner." I rested my hand ontop of his with a weak smile.

His eyes softened when I touched him, he seemed calm as I was too. "Do you want me to beat the dog shit out of Kenny now?" He asked with a grin.

I laughed whilst shaking my head, "No its okay but thanks." I hugged his firm arm for comfort. He was stiff for a second I felt like I could hear his heart race inside of him.

But the tall ginger let himself relax and patted my head calmly.

"You're okay now, I'll try my best to protect you." I heard Kyle whisper from above making my stomach flutter with a smile.

I felt so at ease, a feeling I've never felt in so long. "Can I stay at your house for the night then..?" I hugged his arm tight.

"I- my mom does like you so I'm sure it's okay." I giggled to his answer.

"Thank you Ky."

"Anytime."