🤍.12

PREETA'S POV

  Standing just inside the door, her mouth agape and her wide eyes were pinned on  Karan sir ...kneeling in front of me, its  Aranya.  

Karan sir , is no longer licking me, but he is   now looking back at Aranya .

She takes two steps back, her mouth opening and closing.

Finally, "Sorry" she mutters, .

Then spins on her heel, and rushes away.

The moment she's gone, I roughly shove at Karan sir's shoulders. He gets to his feet and allows me enough space to get down from the desk. I quickly push down my dress.

"Oh my God," I whisper in horror.

"I cant believe that just happened."

I look at Karan sir, and the situation becomes all too real and even more mortifying. He's not looking at me with worry. Nope, his expression is filled with satisfaction.

How in the hell can he be happy about this?

And whats worse is that his mouth and chin glisten with my juices.

"Why in the hell arent you freaking out? "I ask,

My voice pitched loud, as I run to the back of the room to grab my bag.

"She could tell everyone! Agar mera papa ko patha chal gaya  tho vo apko maar dalengi."

"Tumhe nahi lagtha hai ki yeh Sab kuch zyada hi  dramatic hai. " he said

He stands there with his hands stuffed in his pocket, casually leaning back against his desk, like we just didnt get caught with his head between my legs.

"Besides,   Aranya will keep her mouth shut."

I glare at him over my shoulder.

" You cant know that." I questioned

"I can."he replied

" How can you possibly know that?"

"Kyunki .. muje kuch jaisi raas patha hai  Miss Aranya   ki baaren main ...that she doesnt want anyone to know about.  And I know  that She'll keep this  as a secret, I can guarantee that."

Doubt still  haunted  me, but all I can do is hope he’s right.

Keeping to the outside edge of the room, because I’m worried about being close to him right now, I walk toward the door.

Preeta.” 

I look back when he calls my name.

I haven’t forgotten that I owe you lunch.”  he said huskly 

My breath catches.

You’ll be collecting it soon.” he wrinkled at me

***********

Later that afternoon, I walk out of school and head toward the parking lot. Feeling  an eyes on the back of my head, I look over my shoulder and find Karan sir ,  watching me. He’s standing about fifty feet away with the principal.

Vikram sir , is saying something to him, but he’s paying him no mind.

I look away, quickening my steps. My body is still buzzing from earlier. Having his eyes on me only makes it worse.

My steps falter when I look up and see Aranya  at my car. Her head is bent as she types something on her phone, but she glances up when I get closer.

Hi,” I say hesitantly.

Hey. Preeta, right?”

I eye her critically. “Yes.”

I’m Aranya, if you didn’t know.”

I bob my head. “I know.”

“kya tum muje mera ghar thak chood saktha hai kya ?  ... vo kya hai na .....My brother has my car to get some speakers put in so....”

I hesitate in answering. Seeing the wary look in my eyes, she continues.

If you can’t, that’s okay. I’ll call my step-dad.

I make a split-second decision. This can go one of two ways, and I’m hoping it’s the good one.

Yeah, sure.

She beams a smile at me.

Great! Thank you.”

After unlocking the doors, I get in the driver’s side while she gets in the passenger. It’s quiet as I start the car and move us toward the exit of the parking lot.

Which way?” I ask.

Left.”

Turning left, I creep along at the restricted school speed limit zone, then accelerate. I’ve never been good at making friends. Living in the same house most of my life and going to school with the same kids year after year, I haven’t had to since grade school. Aranya always seems nice any time I’ve seen her in class or the hallways.

There was another reason why I asked you to take me home,”

she says quietly after telling me to turn right at a red light.

“I wanted you to know that your and Karan sir’s secret is safe with me.”

I glance at her out the corner of my eye.

Oh, uh, thank you.

I tap my fingers on the steering wheel as I stop and wait for the car in front of me to turn.

But why?”

Why?” she asks.

Yes. Why wouldn’t you tell anyone?”

Because it’s no one’s business but yours and his,” she answers simply.

Besides, I get it.

I feel her eyes on the side of my face, so I look over at her. Her expression is thoughtful.

I’ve got my own drama currently going on.”

I lift a brow in question, and she laughs.

We’re not good enough friends for me to tell you. Just know that I definitely see the appeal in seeing an older man like Karan sir .”

Her cryptic explanation does crap for my curiosity. I wonder if this is the secret Karan sir  was talking about.

You probably don’t know because you haven’t lived here long, but Karan sir  and my brother, Bharath, are friends. They grew up together here in  Narampur.”

(Narampur is an imaginary place I don't know whether there is a place called this or not  as I'm not from north India  I know about places in there and all)

What she says doesn’t really surprise me. I imagine in a small town like this, most people know each other.

.
.
.
.

Freeze

Double update  tadaaaaa!!!

1000 words

With lots of love
Sruthy 😘