🤍. 23

10th may 2023

A lot of mistake ahead

KARAN 'S  POV

They reach at her home

I insist on carrying Preeta to the door, despite the protest she gives me. There’s not a chance in hell I’m letting her walk on her own. I not only need to carry her in case she becomes dizzy, but I need to feel her in my arms. I need
that reassurance that she’s okay.

I don’t bother knocking on her door, since I have her right there with me. Grabbing the door knob, but it’s yanked from my hand when the door is suddenly pulled open.

The scowl on Rakesh ’s face drops when he sees his daughter in my
arms.

Thum ...... aur preeta kya hua thuje ?” he growls.

Main teek hoon.. papa.” Preeta tries to placate Rakesh, but he’s
having none of it.

Your jaw is  bruised, you have a cut on your lip, and you’re being carried. I wouldn’t say that’s fine.”

Aap plz ....Move back so I can set her down on the couch. We’ll talk then,” I tell him.

It’s in his eyes to argue, no doubt not wanting me in his house, but he relents.

Preeta ’s mom enters the living room just as I get to the couch.

Preeta beta kya hua tuje !” She rushes forward, getting to her knees by Preeta’s head just as I carefully lay her down.

kya hua hai ?

Neither me nor Preeta have had a chance to answer. The moment my back is straight, my throat is gripped in Rakesh ’s tight fist.

Kya kiya hai tune meri beti ke sath?”   he growls in my face.

Papa!” Preeta cries from behind me. Out of the corner of my eye, I catch Preeta’s mom grabbing Preeta’s arm to keep her on the couch.

I get that her father is angry and worried. He has every right to be. My own anger is still very much alive. I can’t imagine all of the shit that’s going through his head right now. But what pisses me off is the accusations flaring in his
eyes.

I’d lay down my life for Preeta. And I’d take a life from anyone who thinks to harm her.

Rakesh doesn’t know that though, so I try to control the irate feelings coursing through me.

Chodo Muje,” I snarl.

The pressure around my neck tightens, and I grab his wrist, applying my own pressure. I don’t back down or cower like he wants me to. Rakesh is  a big man with a body built for fighting, but I’m just as big and can hold my own.

I let him get his licks in the night he caught Preeta and me together because he deserved to deliver them. But that shit ends now.

Papa! Bhagvan ke liye usse chodo !  Vo kuch nahi kiya .. instead ... vo muje bachaya hai aaj ”

It takes a moment after hearing Preeta for his hold to  drop away. He huffs out a breath, taking a step back.