4pm- LN4

It was around 3.30pm and I decided to get ready to go and meet Carlos later. I decided to put on some black jeans and a simple white t-shirt, it was quite warm so a jumper wasn't needed.
With my outfit sorted I headed out to meet Carlos at the cafe. It wasn't that far away so I decided to walk as the weather was quite nice out. Thankfully, there were not many people out so I didn't get  bombarded by questions as this would have made me late to meet Carlos.

"Landoooo," I heard a familiar voice say as I approached the cafe.

"Hey, Carlos," I replied as I went over and hugged him.

"Come on, let's go and sit down and order something and you can tell me what's going on."

"Okay that sounds like a plan," I agreed apprehensively.

We went up to the counter and ordered some coffee and a selection of sandwiches and cake. Carlos led me to a table where we sat down and waited for our order to arrive.

"So Lando, what do you have to tell me. I mean what is going on with what you said earlier. I know you too well so I know that you were lying slightly to the media."

"You are right, you do know me well," I laughed nervously, how was he going to react when he finds out the truth?

"Well," he said questioningly.

"I made a slip-up," I said, "Lewis Hamilton IS my uncle, we knew that one of us would mess up eventually and I did today.

"Your being serious," Carlos replied in disbelief.

"Yep, I didn't totally lie to the media because I do have an Uncle called Lewis, it was more a half lie."

"How," Carlos spluttered.

"I'm his sisters child, but not the two that people know about. His mother had a daughter with another man, before she had Lewis, and I'm the child of that daughter."

"Oh."

I laughed at the shocked look on Carlos' face. At that moment the food also arrived and we spent a few minutes just eating in silence before Carlos spoke up again.

"I can see why you haven't you told anyone."
"Yeah we both agreed not to tell anyone because we didn't want people to think I got into f1 because I am the nephew of the great Lewis Hamilton. We didn't want to jeopardise my career before it had even begun."
"That makes sense, I mean I would also have done that in your place."
"To be honest, I'm surprised none of us have made a slip up earlier."
"You did well to keep it a secret for this long but how come you did slip up?"
"I think it was because of how tired I was and my brain just kinda lost its filter."
"Who else knows in the paddock."
"Just Toto and Andreas, we felt that they needed to know because they are our team bosses. You are the first driver to find out."
"Thank you for that honour."

I laughed and we spent the rest of the evening just chatting about the championship and anything that came into our heads. We went back to Carlos' hotel room when we had finished eating and that was where I remembered what Andreas had said earlier.

"Carlos."
"Hmm."
"You know how we haven't told anybody about us dating."
"Yeah."
"Well Andreas said earlier that we aren't as subtle as we think and Lewis also knows as well."
"Oh, well the grid was always rather insightful and find out things rather quickly."
"Yeah, I suppose that you're right, anyway, I'd better get going back to the Mclaren hotel."
"Goodnight Lando."
"Goodnight Carlos."

At that, I made my way to my hotel room and had a good nights sleep whilst thinking about who Lewis was gonna tell about us.