Pre Race- MV1

I woke up that morning feeling very excited about the race, it was my first real opportunity to clinch the championship this season. Last season was fun, racing against my boyfriend, we kept up a good relationship regardless of what happened on the track. We encouraged each other to post things that would get our fans riled up, and it worked. Nobody suspects a thing, apart from that nosey author.

I got up in good time and made my way to the track ready to start my pre-race preparations. Which included my trainer making me eat a healthy meal, ugh that is one part of being an F1 driver that I hate, never mind. Lando came up and spoke to me with Danny and we went onto the track for a bit just taking in the sights as well as discussing the different strategies for the race. When we were out on the track Lewis appeared with George and they both looked like they were doing a track walk just before the race. Danny quickly led me away when he noticed Lewis and I laughed quietly to myself. It also didn't escape my notice that George also led Lewis away from me and that Lewis looked rather amused by it all. 

Me and Danny finished out on the track and I headed back to the Red Bull garage to go over some of the data ready for the race. I went through all of my pre-race routines and felt ready and raring to go out and win. Checo seemed equally as fired up as did the rest of the team. However, despite all of the positive energy charging up the team, I felt that something bad was going to happen in the race. When I say bad, I mean like really, really bad but I wasn't sure why I felt like this. To try and put my mind at rest, I went over and talked to Checo telling him about how I was feeling. He wasn't sure what to do about it either and suggested that it was just nerves as I hadn't really been in this position before. I agreed with him and set about preparing for the lead up to the start of the pre-race procedures. Everything was going smoothly so I soon forgot about me fears from earlier. I went around wishing some of my fellow drivers good luck for the race and noticed that Lando looked a bit stressed out. 

"Hey Lando, whats up man?"
"Oh, hey Max, nothing really we just had a scare with the car but I think everything should be alright now."
"That's good, now good luck for the race mate."
"You too Max, you too."

He walked off and I went back over to my car to get in it ready for the warm up lap.