Facing the Media- LN4

When both me and Max didn't attend the race restart, we both knew that we would be faced with hundreds of questions from both the media and the other drivers. Well, more Max than me, but I was still not looking forward to it. We both got back to the track just before the end of the race and a reporter was on top of us as soon as we stepped into the paddock.

"So, Max, Lando, neither of you were at the race restart, can you tell us why especially with it being the race that Max could clinch the title."

"Well, first of all I think that it is none of your business since it is classed as being private information. However, I will tell you because I am feeling generous," I said, me and Max both agreed that I would do all the talking, "The reason I didn't attend the restart is because I was visiting my Uncle Lewis in hospital."

I let the words sink in and saw as a look of shock appeared on the reporters face.

"You mean that Lewis Hamilton is your uncle."

"Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Max came with me for moral support as it was a very distressing time."

"Yes, I understand well thank you for answering my question Lando."

I smiled and nodded then walked away pulling Max along with me. It was the worst of the questioning over and hopefully the other drivers saw what I said so there will be less questions asked. However, Max still had to face Christian and I knew he wasn't looking forward to it. I could feel my phone start to vibrate in my pocket and one look at Max said that the same thing  was happening to him. The fans had caught up with what was happening. We decided to ignore it and settled down to watch the remainder of the race. After the race, all the drivers went and visited Lewis in hospital and Lewis was released a week later after he promised that he wouldn't race for the rest of the season so Nyck de Vries ended up being bought on for the remainder of the races. Also, Max did end up clinching the championship in the next race much to the delight of Lewis.