The Race- LN4

I started my formation lap and everything was now going smoothly, there was a last minute scare in regards to the car but thankfully it was just a faulty sensor so I was free to go. It did stress me out slightly but I managed to get in the right frame of mind before getting into the car.

Lining up on the grid, I cleared my head, thinking of the start. When the lights went out, I managed to get an amazing start by climbing up three positions before the first corner. The first laps of the race passed uneventfully and I soon found myself in the middle of nowhere, with the nearest drivers, 5 seconds behind and 12 seconds in front. The car was working perfectly fine now and the sensor seemed to have been sorted. Just after half race distance had passed I was starting to think about my pitstop and what tyre compound I should move onto to try and close the distance to the car in front. I was in a good state as the race hadn't been mentally challenging so far, this was until my race engineer came onto the radio.

Will: Red flag Lando, red flag

I was terrified, since there was no yellow flags waved before hand and I started to worry for the driver or drivers involved in the crash. However, I kept calm and hoped that it was just some idiot who had gotten onto the track.

Will: It looks a big one
Lando: Who is it
Will: Can't tell but it looks like one of the Mercedes

Immediately my heart rate spiked and I found it difficult to breathe. I soon passed the accident site. My worst fears were confirmed when I saw that it was Uncle Lewis' car. Any hope of the best case scenario were soon wiped from my mind.  As soon as I got out of the car in the pit lane, a pair of arms wrapped around me and I could feel tears wetting my race suit. It was Max, and I wondered why he was crying on my shoulder because I didn't think that he was particularly close to Uncle Lewis. Before I knew it, I also started crying and I felt a hand on my shoulder as I was led away to a quiet place where the media couldn't see us.

I found myself stood in a room with Toto and Andreas with Max still looking extremely distraught.

"Toto, do you know how he is, is he going to be okay?" I asked with all my words tumbling out of my mouth.

"Sorry Lando, there is currently no update on him but I will let you know as soon as I get one."

"Thanks Toto."

"You will also be allowed to come with us and see him in the hospital since you are his family."

"Okay, thank you again, I'm just so worried about him."

"Don't worry Lando, we all are."

We just stood in silence and I had almost completely forgotten that Max was in the room with us. That was until he spoke up.

"Can I come to the hospital as well please?" He asked in the smallest voice.

Me, Toto and Andreas just turned and looked at him.