The Race- MV1

As soon as my race engineer told me that it was Lewis who had crashed, I could feel my whole world crashing down on top of me. Slowly, I made my way back round to the pits and all I could think of was Lewis and hoping that he didn't die. I got out of my car in the pit lane and took my helmet off. A couple of cars behind me, I saw Lando getting out and I just went over to him and started crying on his shoulder. Then I felt us being led away into a private area and when I looked up I saw that Toto and Andreas were also there. I listened to them talking about going visiting Lewis in hospital and I decided to speak up because I needed to go and see him.

"Can I come to the hospital as well please?"

They all turned to stare at me and I started to feel extremely uncomfortable.  

"Why exactly do you want to visit Lewis?" Toto asked, "From what I've seen, you twp despise each other."

I could see where he was coming from and I decided to tell them the truth hoping that they believed me.

"We don't hate each other, we've been dating for nearly two years."

They went quiet but I could see how everything in their eyes started to make sense.

"Okay, you can come and visit Lewis as well," Toto decided.

"We can say that you are coming with me for moral support if anybody asks," Lando added and I shot him a grateful look whilst breathing a sigh of relief.

"Thanks, and I'm not going to continue this race if it does restart."

"Me neither, and it would be mad to restart the race."

Before I could reply, Peter 'Bono' Bonington came in.

"I have news on Lewis," he said.
"Go on," Toto said.
"He's being taken to hospital but he is in a stable condition, and the race will be restarting, not that I agree with it happening."
"Neither do I but what happens, happens now can somebody please kindly inform Horner that his number one driver will not be continuing in the race."
"Sure, I'll get onto it."

Me and Lando got into a taxi that then took us to the hospital to see Lewis. When we got in we got led to his room where he was lying. He looked very shaken up and had several wires attaching him to various different machines.

"How are you?" Lando asked nervously.

"I feel sore, like I have been run over by a bus a couple of hundred times, but the doctor said that I will make a full recovery."

"Lew, just telling you that Toto, Andreas and Lando now know about us."

"That's fine Maxie, I'm just glad that both of you are here to see me."

"What happened?" Lando asked, and I was wondering exactly the same thing.

"Not sure, when I came to brake the tyres just didn't seem to grip the track and I went straight into the wall. Where's Toto and the other drivers, don't tell me that they restarted the race?"

Me and Lando just looked at each other wondering what to say.

"They have haven't they?" Lewis groaned and we just nodded.

At that moment, a doctor came in and informed us that we would have to leave and let Lewis get some rest.

"Text me and Max later then," Lando said
"Okay, I will."
"Get well soon."

Lewis just smiled and we left him in peace, and planned to go and visit him again later.