2: I know somethin (Bout you)

December 31st, 1990
8:00pm

"Yes Laura, I'm ready" I growled while holding the phone to my ear with my shoulder.

If someone saw me in my current state, they would immediately back away. I have this habit while applying mascara, I tend to open my mouth really wide.

And that's exactly what I was doing. Trust me, I'm dangerous with mascara.

"Hey, don't freak out, because there will be quite a bit of people there. I know most of them, so just say you're my sister and you'll be fine" Laura said nervously on the other line.

"I know, I know" I grumbled, "We went over this earlier, I'll be fine, pinky promise"

Laura sighed into the phone, "Okay, just looking out for you Annie"

"Trust me, I'm fine" I assured her as I hung up the phone.

I patted myself down in front of my mirror and made sure I looked neat, but not too neat so I don't look all preppy. As I stepped out of my apartment, I braced myself for anything that could happen tonight, as I've heard her friends can be a little... special.

As I took the same road to Chris and Laura's, I started to get all excited and giddy, as this was a chance for me to make a new image of myself.

I'm no longer going to be the insane girl with even more insane parents and horrible anger issues. I'm going to be a people person. A fun loving person, and I won't make a fool of myself anymore.

Well... I'll try anyway. No promises.

As I walked onto their property, I heard loud music, and loud voices. I took a deep breath in and prepared for the shit fest I was about to endure.

I cautiously opened the door, and to my surprise, it wasn't too hectic. Yet.

It was just a bunch of people chatting and drinking, but the concerning part was that there were no females in sight. That's one way to stand out... I mean, all these guys have long hair, so maybe they are just blending in.

"Boo!" a lanky leg kicked in the back of my right knee.

I turned around, scared out of my mind, to see Stone.

"Oh, hey. It's just harmless little Stone, not a serial killer," I said, relieved.

"Hey Annihilator. Want one?" asked, while holding two red cups.

"Oh sure. Thanks" I said while taking a cup from his hands. I took a large sip, not expecting it to taste like rotting shit.

"What the fuck is in this!?" I spat.

"Ehh... It's just leftovers from rage cage... So, have you talked to anyone yet?" Stone queered while taking a sip of whatever the hell is in these cups.

"Uhh, not yet." I said while looking at all the unfamiliar faces, hoping to see Laura or Chris.

"Go talk to people. Trust me. I know them, and if they bite, then just come back and hang with me" He patted my back and walked away.

Thanks Stone.

I stood awkwardly in a corner all by myself, sipping away at whatever this is. It most definitely had high contents of alcohol, because A. You can taste it B. Everyone looked drunk out of their minds.

I put the cup down, and pulled my lighter out. I always keep cigarettes in my bra, because it helps me deal with dreadful situations.

Yea. I know I need a different coping mechanism.