7: The picture kept will remind me

June 20th, 1991
8:12pm

"Oh shoot, someone is here. Can you hold the fort for me? I need to go to the bathroom. " Miriam stopped me.

"Uh.. Yea, I got it. " I nodded and went to serve a guy sitting at the table in the back corner. The man was huddled up in the corner reading something, well it looked like that anyway.

"Hey, are you ready to order?" I discreetly walked to his table, with my hands folded in front of me. His eyes met mine, and then drifted to my name tag.

"Annahlise Quinn..." He muttered under his breath, as if he was trying to recall something.

Okay... It's not creepy at all.

I pursed my lips and looked around to try and make things less awkward, but it wasn't helping at all. Even though he was acting a bit creepy, he was incredibly soft-spoken and shy.

"Um... That's me...!" I tried to stay enthusiastic.

He began tapping his fingers on the table and nodding his head, "Are you related in any way to the Quinn that works at London Bridge Studio? Oh, and Laura?"

I was officially weirded out. Even if I was trying not to show it, it was still very obvious.

"I am Laura's sister. I don't know about the guy at London Bridge, though..." I forced a smile because I was actually getting really frustrated, always being referred to as Laura's sister.

His demeanour picked up slightly, and he raised his head a little.

"I'm Eddie, not sure if you've heard of me, but I'm a friend of Laura's," He held out his hand.

Is it customary here to shake?

"Ohh, so you're one of those guys... I hope you're not as mean as Stone. " I shook his hand and grinned.

He chuckled and shook his head, "Nah, I'm too shy to be mean."

The awkwardness returned once again as I stood beside his table meaninglessly. I had no clue what to talk about with him, I had only heard about him once, when Laura was talking about him coming up from San Diego like, last year,"

His head perked up once again, "Oh! Chris told me you play? Do you wanna go over to his place and jam after your shift?"

Is this what real friends do? Casually invite someone over to jam within the first 3 minutes of meeting? I wish there was a book on this.

I checked my watch and then looked back up at Eddie, "Okay, just wait until 9, and then we can walk there. It's only about a 10 minute walk from here. Not even,"

He nodded, and I slowly walked away, only as soon as I got to the counter, I realised I didn't even take his order.

"Hey... Is that one of your other boyfriends? He's cute. " Miriam popped up behind me.

I turned back to her and shook my head, "Nah, but if you wanna go take his order..?" I held up the notepad for her.

9:00pm

"Are we allowed to be here after hours?" Eddie turned to me, concerned.

"Oh yea, we'll be right, we're going in a second anyway," I assured him, while trying to scrub a stain off the counter.

"I can't believe your sister is getting married, I don't even know her too well, but I do think it's a bit soon." Eddie propped himself up on the counter.

I shot him a death stare, "Oi fucker! I just cleaned that!"

He rolled his eyes and shuffled in his spot.