5: Seattle, known for coffee and... Long haired guitarists?

February 8th, 1991

"Hazelnut?" I asked while trying not to spill someone else's order.

I had gotten a job at a local coffee shop, so I could get out more. I was really going nuts having rock boys knock on my door, asking me if they can use my apartment. It's not that I needed the money.

"No thanks to go, please," the customer added.

I smiled and went to start up the coffee machine.

"Oh my Gosh! You are the new girl! Annie!" A brown haired girl with a very heavy Australian accent trotted up to me.

I turned to her with a weird face, "Who the hell are you?"

"Your worst nightmare... Just kidding! My name is Miriam, I work here too. I'm also new, if you couldn't tell already, I'm not from here" She giggled.

"You and me both," I sighed, "I'm from Olympia, so technically, not from here too,"

She laughed extremely loud, "Haha, I have no idea where that is, but I'm just going to roll with it."

"Umm. It's like, kind of close to here. " I tried to balance handling an idiot and a coffee machine.

"You know, it's so different here. People are so much ruder here than in Australia... You guys drive on the other side of the road! I went through a Taco Bell drive thru, and I nearly crashed three times!" She slapped my shoulder, as if she had told a joke.

"Oh really? Who would have thought? YOU crashing a car, " I laughed sarcastically.

"I know!" She beamed.

"Okay... it was nice chatting with you, Miriam, but I have to give this to the customer, and then I'm on my 10" I politely pushed past her and gave the customer their drink.

I slumped down on a booth and shut my eyes. I thought about a lot of things. My sisters, the new year's party, how annoying Stone was, and most of all, what happened at the nightclub.

"Hey, dirtbag!" Layne, Mike (S) and Stone slid into the booth in front of me.

"How did-"

"Laura told us where you worked, and we decided to pop in and annoy you," Stone interrupted.

"My God, you wouldn't believe it, we saw Finney yesterday while we were at the park." Mike put his hands on the table.

"Ohhh no!" Layne slammed his head on the table, "Don't remind me, that was so fucking scary"

I looked at the three of them, confused. "What did you do?" I asked, suspiciously.

"Basically, it was like 9 or something at night, we may or may not have been on acid. We were just messing around, doing the stuff stupid people usually do" Stone gestured for Mike to continue.

"We were having a burping contest, don't ask okay? Anyways, Finney came up to us out of the blue, and you know how she thinks we all suck and that? She started death staring us, and Layne wasn't having it" Mike chuckled.

"I think it's appropriate for Layne to tell this part" Stone looked over to him and tried to keep himself from laughing.

"Okay... So before I say anything, just know that I had no control over what I was doing. I was out of it" He stalled.

"Go on" I grinned.

"Well... I walked up to her, intending to just burp in her face, you know? To give her the message? And more than a burp came out"

"You threw up over my sister!?" I yelled, amused but also not really.

"Yea... Sorry about that... But you can't get me wrong, she kind of deserved it, she's so scary. And plus, it barely went on her," Layne groaned.