9: I'm left behind, as the seasons roll on by

July 2nd, 1991
Carl S. English Jr. Botanical gardens

"We all look so preeetty" Finney fluttered around in her bridesmaid dress like she was in some corny TV commercial.

I sat up on the prep bench and rolled up my dress, "You mean you and Laura look so pretty. Not to be a cliche tomboy or anything, but I look so disgusting in dresses,"

"Don't worry Annie. You look fine" Laura huffed out while she tried to perfect her hair.

I swung my legs around while Finney and Laura stressed about their looks. I never understood weddings, It's really more about the marriage part than how you look. Then again, this wedding was arranged in like, three months, so maybe Laura does really think like me. Although her dress was bought at a thrift shop because we are all broke fucks, (Yes. I'm serious) It didn't look half bad.

I grabbed the pack of cigarettes off the counter and held them up. "Anyone want one?" I half joked and pulled a lighter from my bra.

"Annie, you know I don't smoke anymore right?" Finney said while patting down her dress in the mirror.

"Pfft. You're so boring now" I took a drag and made sure I blew smoke in her direction.

She turned around and made her way to me.

"Annie... Have you ever actually been to a wedding before?" She forced me off of the bench and patted me down, to make me look neat or whatever.

"Nope" I beamed, "Does it show?"

"Wait. Finney. You've been to a wedding before? When?" Laura abruptly stopped stressing about her hair, and joined our conversation.

"Well... Yea? You guys haven't?" She fluttered her lashes.

I poked my head forward and snarled, "Obviously not, I don't even know what bridesmaids do"

Finney rolled her eyes and focused her attention to Laura.

"I can't believe my sister is getting married already" She sweetly hugged Laura.

Laura relaxed herself and sighed, "I wish we could've gotten a hold of Chris' parents. Or our parents for that matter,"

Finney pursed her lips, "I tried to convince mom, but she is not very approving of this marriage in the first place."

"It's okay Laura. This wedding is already going to be a shit-show. I saw the list of groomsmen and guests, having our parents there would make it ten times worse," I tried to lighten the tension, although I think it just made her worry more.

Jeff peeked through the door and scared the crap out of all of us, "You guys better be ready, we are ready to begin"

I couldn't tell if their scared faces were from nervousness, the fact that they had to be out, or Jeff barging in on them.

"They're all good to go!" I took charge and stepped on my cigarette.

"Okay... Who's coming out first? You or Finney?" He looked behind him, and then back to me.

I turned around, to see Finney and Laura pointing at me.

"Okay.. That's sorted. I'm walking out with you, so you'll be alright" He gestured for me to come out.