8: The currents will shift, glide me towards you

June 21st, 1991
1:30pm

Like I had mentioned before, cleaning wasn't something I enjoyed. But if Jerry, out of all people, thought my apartment had been through a hurricane, then it had to be BAD. My apartment wasn't as bad as my childhood bedroom just yet, but it was on its way there.

I had only been living here for six months, but it looked like a grandma who had a hoarding problem was residing here.

"Absolutely nothing is going to stop me from cleaning this place, I will not be distracted," I assured myself, as I had habits of giving up and getting distracted.

It only took about three seconds before I was distracted,  because someone was copying my sacred knock, and they were using it on my brand new door!

I abruptly dropped everything I was holding, "Okay.. Maybe I can finish this later, "

I poked my head through the door, I bet you could guess who was copying my knock. A smiling, stubby man, with shoulder-length brown hair.

I had gotten a whiff of something lingering on him, a smell I was definitely familiar with.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Edward Louis Serverson III" I stood before him and snickered.

He smirked and bowed to me, "Why yes, it is!"

"How much pot did you smoke before you came here? I can smell you from a mile away. " I tried to keep a straight face, though it was kind of funny because it was easy to tell he was a little high.

He scratched at his scalp, pretending to think, "Only a little. For confidence!"

"Aha... Confidence for what, though?"  I kept playing along with his ridiculous charade.

"Right... Good question! I can't remember!" He grinned and scratched at his scalp once again, "Oh right! Do you wanna come surfing with me? I'm just going down to Point Shilshole. Not far from here"

Okay... Surfing with someone who is potentially high isn't smart... But then again...

"Surfing? I have no idea how to surf" I said blankly.

Eddie took a step closer to me and patted my shoulder, "You'll be fine. I'll teach you! The beach is just down from where Chris apparently used to work"

I sighed and leaned on my doorframe.

"Okay... I suppose. But I have absolutely no idea how to surf, so I hope you know how to resuscitate me if I end up drowning" I stood up straight and grabbed my keys off the wall beside me.

Eddie turned his head to the side and stared at me.

"What? You think I'm going to let you drive in your state?"

POINT SHILSHOLE BEACH, SEATTLE, WA

Okay. We made it in one piece, just a slight altercation with Eddie's equipment and my swimming attire. I'm ready to ride the waves now. Well sort of, I wouldn't know if Eddie should be trustworthy in his high state.

"Hmm... There's barely anyone here. Chris said it was absolutely packed around this time" Eddie climbed out of my car, shielding his face from the sun.

I climbed out of my side and walked around to stand next to him, "Maybe that's a good thing. Finney's ex used to surf a lot, and he said that good surfers hate beginners"

"Mmm... That's only if they're annoying little shits who steal other people's waves, and they can't even catch it properly" His gaze shifted towards me as he smiled. "I highly doubt you would be annoying like them. You're too scary to be annoying. You seem like the type to hit someone on the head with a surfboard if they dared to cross you"