12: Full time party people

July 11th
10:00pm

Throwing a party in a studio apartment probably isn't a bright idea but hey, I have free will. I hid all of my valuables and made sure there weren't too many things for drunk people to break.

"Annie! Long time no see, huh?" Eddie poked out from behind me. He handed me a bottle of vodka, although he didn't know that I don't hold down alcohol very well. It was true. I really hadn't seen him in a long time. In fact, I hadn't seen really anyone in a while.  I'd rather be rotting in my comfortable bed. This party was kind of a comeback for me, as I had been missing some fun action recently.

"Eddie!" I gave him a quick hug and made sure no one was looking.

Everyone had been talking about how we would make such a cute couple. Don't get me wrong, Eddie is an amazing person. I just see him as more of a brother than a lover.  Although, I think he is in on it, so I just choose to pretend I don't hear it.

"How have you been? You done any surfing since our lesson?" He winked.

I quietly giggled, "No not really. I'm not really a fan of drowning so.."

"Mmm. I thought so. Maybe we should go out there again. I'll be there and make sure you don't drown" Eddie smirked, hoping I'd say yes.

Should I? I don't want to give people more reasons to think we are dating. I don't want to play with his feelings like that.

"I'll think about it," I gave him false hope, but I just didn't want to turn him down.

Eddie turned around to face the door, "That's okay. But I think the party has just begun"

The guys from Alice in Chains walked in, that's when I knew shit was gonna start breaking.

"Oh God." I held my head in my hands.

Through the cracks of my fingers, I saw Jerry. I guess he saw me as well, as he started walking over to us.

"Sad to see me, huh?" He smirked and crossed his arms, "I have that effect on some people"

"Nah Jer, It's always good to see you," Eddie smiled, "But I do have to take a piss... So I'll be back"

I slowly turned to look at him. Very out of character but okay...

"I don't know why we had to know that. I'm just gonna pretend it didn't happen.." I looked down at my feet awkwardly.

Jerry snickered and shook his head, "You'll forget about it. Trust me. Anyway, how have you been doing? I haven't seen you in a couple of days."

"I don't know, sleeping, playing guitar, eating. You know, the usual." I shrugged and took a huge sip of vodka, nearly gagging it back up.

Jerry laughed, "You don't hold down alcohol very well. You should know this. I'll have to hold your head back while you're throwing up."

He was sadly right, as I could already feel it bubbling back up. I tried to keep it down, because I have self respect and wouldn't want Jerry out of all people, to hold my head back.

"I'll be okay. I'm a big girl," I huffed. "Do you know if Laura is coming?"

"I wouldn't know. But maybe, because I know Chris is a sucker for studio apartment parties" He grinned.

Okay... the vodka is really hitting me now, like REALLY hitting me. Why do I keep making stupid decisions.

The dizziness kicked in and my balancing skills were getting pretty grim at this point. I held on to the table behind me and tightened my grip.

Jerry noticed that it was hitting me, and inched closer to make sure I was okay.

"Come on let's go out in the balcony. I'd rather you vomit out there than in here." He grabbed my arm and swung it around his shoulder.

Usually, I'd fight him, but I didn't have the energy for that. We made our way through the party, with me bumping into people a couple times. Jerry grabbed a bowl on the way, one that I would definitely need.

There we sat on the small balcony, with music blasting from the inside. I'm definitely getting some noise complaints tomorrow.

"I've never met anyone who is so bad at drinking. It's hilarious," Jerry sat there and stared at me, with my head in the bowl.

"Shut up dickhead. You can't even talk" I groaned while trying to get the last bits of throw up out.

He crawled closer to me, "Jeez don't take it personally," He wiped a tear off my cheek with his thumb.

"I'm not crying..." I muttered as I put the bowl to the side and took a sip of water. He inched even closer to me, there was now no room for Jesus between us.

"Yeah, you are. You know you can't hide things from me." He swiped the hair out of my face.

I wiped a tear cascading down my cheek as my voice broke, "So what if I am? Vodka makes me emotional"

"Annie, what's the matter?" His voice became sincere.

I turned to face him, teary eyed and all, "I feel so alone"

He cupped my face with his hand and softened his gaze, "What do you mean Annie, everyone here loves you!"

"It's not that." I silently cried, "It's my sisters. They are all moving on with their lives. They are settling down. They have found love. They are forgetting about me. I barely speak to them anymore!"

"Oh Annie." He pulled me in for a warm embrace.  For a split second, I didn't feel so alone.

As we pulled out of the hug, Jerry placed his hand on my cheek.

"You're such a pretty crier you know," He smiled.

I could feel him pulling me in, and I didn't even hesitate to pull him into a kiss. I couldn't believe it. I was sharing a passionate kiss. With Jerry Cantrell. Outside a house party. What the fuck.

The kiss was amazing, it felt well earned and completely took my worries away. I never wanted the moment to end.

Surely I have to be dreaming

"I've wanted to do that for so long." He caressed my face.

I looked longingly into his eyes and smiled,

"Me too."

A/N: I need to start uploading more lmao, it's been a whole ass year since i started writing this.