💞Ch.16💞

(Next day)

It's 12:00 and Zion should be dropping Mel off any minute. I won't lie I'm nervous. I never been alone with someone's kid. The parent was always around. Luckily Melanie likes me. Me and that girl get along. I would invite Paisley over but she's been on and off sick for month.

Anyways I went shopping , bought a bunch of snacks and chicken nuggets , was told she loves those. And apparently we will be watching Paw Patrol all day! Zion said she'd really excited to come over which makes me really happy.
She actually likes me!!!!

(Zion)

I'm currently driving with Mel in the back in her seat. I'm taking her over to Kaylin for a couple hours while the boys and I go to an interview. She's really excited to see Kaylin.
Now that I think about I was very wrong about the whole situation. Melanie really likes Kaylin and Kaylin likes her.

Things are looking really good with me and her. Her being good wit Melanie just makes it even better. I'm hoping it stays like this.

"Does Kaylin have paw patrol?" She ask and I laugh "yeah I'm pretty sure she can find it" I say "I'm excited" she says for the 100th time today. "Are you gonna come in?" She ask "for a minute but then I have to go" I tell her

"You can see your girlfriend" she says "Mel Kaylin is not my girlfriend" I tell her "yes she is" she nods "no she's not" I shake my head "she is" she argues "she's not" I say back "then why do you kiss her?" She ask. Damn she's smart. Too fuckin smart.

"Mel..... just mind your business" I tell her "that's your girlfriend" I hear her whisper. But I let it go , I'm not arguing wit my 3 year old daughter about my love life.

Anyways we eventually arrive at Kaylins and I get Mel out the car with her bag. "Look at the pretty flowers" she points to the flowers in Kaylins yard "yellow , blue and purple" she names the colors which makes me smile. "This way" we walk up to the door

"can I knock?" She ask "go ahead" she knocks a couple of times , don't know if it was loud enough. "Now she has to open it" she says and I chuckle. Then all of a sudden the door opens and Kaylin pops up with a smile on her face.

"Hi Melanie" she gets down to hug her "we are gonna have so much fun" Kaylin tells her "I brought toys" Melanie says "good" she moves aside , letting us walk in. "And I bought snacks" Kaylin adds.

"It's gonna be great" she closes the door and Melanie starts grabbing toys out her bag while she sits on the couch. "Don't make a mess , you just got here" I tell Melanie "oh she's okay" Kaylin brushes it off as Melanie puts her full attention to her toy.

I look over at Kaylin as I walk Over to her. "If you need anything call me" i tell her as she looks up at me "will do" she nods "she might get whiny in like a hour , she's probably gonna be tired" I tell her "I just hope she doesn't cause you any problems" I add and she smiles "we'll be okay" she says

I give her a smile back "thank you Kaylin" I thank her as I place my hands on her shoulders "of course , Mel and I are gonna have fun" she shrugs. I put my lips are us causing us to kiss for a couple seconds before my phone dings. It's from Edwin telling me I got a hour.

"I gotta go" I say to Kaylin. I walk over to Mel "Mel i have to go" I go to her level "and you'll be back?" She ask "yes after work I'll br back" I kiss her cheek "I love you" I tell her "I love you too dad" I make my way to the door

"again thank you" I turn to Kaylin one my time "of course . Good luck" she says and I smile before walking to my car after closing her door

(Kaylin)

I hear Zion pull off and then walk over to sit next to Melanie "look at my doll" she holds her up "oh she's so pretty" I tell her before she looks up at me "Kaylin do you have paw patrol on your tv" she'd so damn cute broooooo. "I do" I grab my remote and find paw patrol.

"You hungry, I bought chicken nuggets" I ask her "ice cream?" She completely ignores the nuggets part. "Uh after you eat Food , we can have ice cream" i nod "4 chicken nuggets" she holds up 4 fingers "okay boss"

(2 and a half hours later)

She won't lay down at all....... This girl is fighting her sleep with all her little power. She's tired , I know it , she knows it. I never will understand why kids hate taking naps. Now that I'm an adult I fucking love naps.

"Melanie just lay down" I practically beg the girl. "I don't want to" she crosses her little arms. "Your dad isn't gonna be happy" I shake my head "I don't care" she stomps her foot "oh my" I say "if you take a nap I'll give you another brownie" I smile "There is no more!" She gets ..... mad.

Damnit she's right we ate em all. "Well Melanie if you just take a nap you'll feel a lot better" i say. She shakes her head no with her arms still crossed. I look around to try and think something and then something comes to me.
"Why don't we build a fort"

(1 hour later)(Zion)

I left the interview about 15 minutes ago. It went really well but now I'm on my way back to Kaylins house. Last time I talked to Kaylin was like a hour ago. Melanie was getting tired. Not sure if she took a nap or not.

I really hope she took a nap . I hope Melanie was good for Kaylin. Melanie isn't bad but she has her moments. When she doesn't get her way , when's she tired or if something isn't working out she'll let you know!

After like 5 more minutes of driving I arrive. I make my way to her door before knocking. A minute goes past before the door opens and Kaylin appears as she tells me to be quiet.
I walk in quietly "come here" she grabs my hand and leads me upstairs into her bedroom

And then i walk in to see a ....... Fort? I look at Kaylin is confusion "I had to build a fort to get her to take a nap" she whispers and I nod. "It worked" she adds and I walk over to look under the fort. There she is sound asleep. I smile at her cause she's just so cute.

"You're like a pro" I whisper to Kaylin "I try" she throws her hands up lightly. "She's been sleep for about 40 minutes" she tells me "well I should just let her sleep" I say "so we should go downstairs" she says and we walk out back downstairs to sit on the couch.

(Kaylin)

"How was she?" Zion ask me as we take a seat "she was great , a little whiny but she was tired" I tell him "we had fun though" I smile "she'll tell me all about it when she wakes up" he says "how was your interview?" I ask him "it went well" he leans back and says

I give him a quick peck on the lips. "Oh come on that was weak" he rolls his eyes. I laugh a bit before bringing my leg over to sit on his lap. A make out session then begins. It last for like a minute straight but then we hear Melanie.
"Kaylin!" She yells

"guess we should continue this another time"