💞Ch.19💞

(Zion) (next day)

I just got out of my car after parking it in front of the boys der house to pick Melanie up. I open the door and walk in "dad!" Melanie comes running over and pick her up "I missed you" I tell her "did you have fun?" I ask her "a lot of fun" she says "that's good" I say.

I look over at the boys "hey man" Nick says "sup guys , thanks for keeping her over night" i say "anytime , we love having her sleepover" Edwin says "and guess what" Mel looks at me "what" I ask "we called Kaylin" she says.

I look at the boys. "You did?" I ask "uncle Nick called her and we all talked" I look back at the boys "go get your shoes" I put her down and she walks into the dining room. "Are you guys fucking serious?" I ask them "I let her stay here and you go behind my back and let her call Kaylin" i ask them

"Do you know how dumb you sound?" Edwin ask me "Kaylin has done nothing wrong , you're just scared" he adds "Melanie misses her Zion" Austin says "she said you won't let her call Kaylin , so we did" Nick says

"you guys had no right , I'm her dad if I say no then that means no" Melanie comes back in with her shoes on. "Say bye to your uncles Mel"

(2 hours later) (Kaylin)
So I talked to the boys yesterday and I'm going over today well I'm almost there. Hopefully talk about what is going on with Zion. I also talked to Mel yesterday while she was there. I went from seeing her everyday to not seeing her and I miss that little girl.

Zion won't let her call me apparently. Fucking weirdo. But the boys let her talk to me. She was eating ice cream and she was a fuckin mess but she looked adorable bro. Anyways like I said I'm just now arriving to the boys house to talk to them. Maybe they know something.

I just walk right in , they knew I was on my way so no surprise. "Hi everyone" I say as I shut the door. "In the kitchen!" I hear one of them yell so I round the corner and see them "hi guys" I wave "hey Kaylin" they all say in their own way. "Is something burning?" I ask "Brandon just burnt cookies" Nick says "how?"

Brandon shrugs "shit happens" he says and I laugh. "Uh oh I see Mel decided to draw on the table" I point to the scribbles of different colors "it won't come off" Nick complains "she slept Over last night" Austin says "then she said Zion won't let her call you so we called you"

I smile at them "yeah I miss her" I sit down at the kitchen island and say. "Okay imma cut to the chase, what's happening with him?" I ask them "he been so upset the last month that I go out and party and he says smart shit about it to me" I tell them

"and then when I was here last time he said he doesn't have time for me and my partying" I say "and that he doesn't want my partying around Mel , so much dumb shit" I explain.

"Alright listen , Melanies mom left because she loved to party and be out literally everyday all day" Brandon begins

"Totally different from you , like as soon as she had Mel she would be out all day every day and after about 3 months she got up one day and literally left" he adds "without a goodbye" Edwin says "she was rarely ever home after Mel was born , she was out drinking all day and all night" Nick says

"she didn't want Mel but her and Zion talked and decided to go through with having the baby" Brandon starts talking again "she couldn't wait to have Mel so she could go out again , and not even drinking but drugs and all" Nick says "Zion is worried you're gonna be here and party non stop then walk out"

I just listen to them.

"He doesn't wanna go through that again cause it was hard on him and he was angry but he had to be there for Mel" Nick says "so he feels it's beginning again and he wants to stop it for it gets too far I guess" Austin says that last thing.

So he's scared? He could have just told me that instead of being an asshole. I would have understood. He's putting his daughter first as he should. It's just he didn't have to be so rude about it. An explanation would have been the right thing to do. I don't blame him.

But I really like Zion and I like being around Melanie. I wouldn't be a bitch and leave. If I wanted to leave I would have left when he told me. I wouldn't have gotten to know the girl and build a little friendship with her if I thought I was gonna leave and never look back.

"Well....." I'm kinda just speechless
"Yeah" Nick nods. "I'm not like that tho like honestly" I tell them "oh we know , he does too , he just doesn't wanna take a risk" Austin says "well I need to talk to him"