|8| Won't Let You Fall

Do read the previous chapter if you forgot where we had left!

The alcohol which fogged my mind cleared the moment DJ announced the stupid tradition and I regretted the moment I had agreed to organize this party

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The alcohol which fogged my mind cleared the moment DJ announced the stupid tradition and I regretted the moment I had agreed to organize this party.

One of my friends bumped my shoulder and when I looked at him, he dared to grin and wink. Several whistles rang in my ears and the deafening sound of hoots echoed all around the place.

My brain tried to think of something by which I could avoid doing this because I was in no mood to face the wrath of Ria.

God knows how scary I find her to be. Even though I am immune to apathetic behaviour in general, I am not immune to her. Because of the way she always has that frown on her face and how she has that no-bullshit attitude, it's bone-chilling. Like a hot ticking bomb waiting to explode.

And there's that infamous frown when my eyes find her near the edge of the pool. Her hands were folded in front of her chest as she glared at me.

"It appears our groom is too much of a wuss to do this!" Someone hollered from behind and the crowd laughed heartily as if my whole life wasn't flashing in front of my eyes before my impending death.

My best friend Krish murmured in my ear, "Just do it. You were the one who always promoted this silly trend in everyone else's wedding. They will torment you till death if you refuse to do this now. It's just a matter of few minutes."

My past idiocy had come to bite my ass.

I swam slowly towards her, taking all the time in the world.

Standing in front of her, I bent to whisper in her ear as her faint scent dizzied my senses, "Please, let's do this." Her jaw locked and her hands formed small fists.

I hurriedly continued, afraid she wouldn't hesitate to punch me, "I promise not to kiss you inappropriately or anything like that. Just a small dance for the show."

She continued to glare at me. I pleaded again, "Please. I will owe you a future favour of your choice. Anything you want."

That had her attention.

Her eyes twinkled unexpectantly, which I didn't like even a bit.

She asked, peering up at me with big eyes, "Anything?"

I nodded.

"But just one favour is too less for this torture, I want something more compelling," she negotiated, licking her lips.

Interesting choice of words...Did she purposefully make that sound so dirty? No, don't go there.

"Any number of favours of your choice. Happy? Now let's just get over with this," I snapped.

"I don't appreciate that snarky tone. Think wisely before you speak to me, because last time I checked, your little boy reputation depends on my approval," she hissed.

Living with her is going to be difficult.

I sighed, "Understood."

"Good," She approved and then grabbed my hands to place them on her waist. She smirked at me and patted my cheek, "Don't look so sad. I won't ask you to transfer your billion dollars into my account. Chill."

"I am so going to regret doing this in future." I exhaled loudly.

Ria put her hands on my shoulders and said, "That you are surely going to."

I had never heard so much enthusiasm in her voice since the time we have been talking. And I surely have never seen her regular tough-girl persona melt before. So even when I was stressed to the core, her eagerness made me smile too as I relaxed a bit.

I tightened my hold on her and she stepped a little closer when the music changed from loud party music to some romantic Bollywood song. The lights in the garden dimmed with just golden fairy lights illuminating the whole place as every couple present inside the pool got ready to join in the dance.

As I swayed a little, Ria stepped on my toe and her foot slipped inside the pool. Instinctually, I straightened her.

I asked worriedly, "Did you twist your foot? Should we stop?"

"This is so embarrassing..." She muttered under her breath and said, avoiding my eyes, "I am okay for now but is it too late to tell you that I can't dance? I have the coordination skills of a two-year-old."

"Look at me."

"No." She closed her eyes, shaking her head.

I took hold of her chin and tilted her head towards me, "Just relax. You are too wound up. And step on my feet. I can guide you."

Her eyes opened in shock and her face flushed, "I am not going to step on your feet. I am not a kid learning to walk."

What does it take to make this girl comply with even the simplest of things...

I shrugged, "As you wish. Don't blame me if you fracture your foot right now."

Fear masked her face, and she mumbled, that vulnerable look making her brown eyes appear glassier than usual, "I can't put my whole weight on you. You won't be able to handle it and then we would both get hurt."

Even though I was pretty sure I would be easily able to handle her, I didn't insist on it, not knowing for sure how she would react to that. And it seemed as if she had unexpectedly become sad after this conversation.

So, I dropped that completely.

"Just stay close and don't leave your hold on me, okay? I will handle everything else."

She nodded her head and clutched my shoulder as if her life depended on it. I hugged her closer, making just a little back-and-forth motion so that she can get a bit more comfortable. The position seemed to be far more intimate than I had presumed because her body was firmly moulded against mine and the feel of her delicate form was far more exquisite than I wanted to admit.

And what she did next was the last thing I had expected her to do. Her hands slowly traced their way up to my back, as my muscles clenched at the feather-like flicker of her fingers. She rested her head on my chest when the heat mingled in the air surrounding us. Her breath was coming out in short puffs when she whispered, "Please don't let me fall."

"I won't let you fall..." I promised, circling my arms around her small waist.

-x-

Curious to know your thoughts about the next chapter...👀👀

DO VOTE ⭐, COMMENT💭AND SHARE❤️!