Part One - Chapter Twenty-Eight: Happy Valentine's Day

Cristiano let out a sigh of relief as he wrapped an arm around Eliana's shoulder and kept her close, he was happy to spend Valentine's Day with his girlfriend; he was just glad that he had the day off from training.

Cristiano knew that they didn't have much time together recently and he hoped that their day out would be good for them; he did plan on proposing and he didn't want any interruptions.

"This is nice," Eliana mused looking at her boyfriend, she wasn't quite sure why he had insisted that they go out sightseeing in Madrid but it was a nice change for them.

Eliana was still a little curious what Cristiano had really planned for their second Valentine's Day and she hoped that he hadn't gone overboard; she just wanted a nice simple day with her boyfriend before things picked up for the both of them.

"It is," Cristiano agreed with a smile, he was hoping that the paparazzi weren't going to be much of a problem; he didn't want to deal with them when he was enjoying the day with Eliana.

Cristiano peeked around as they walked through the museum, he was keeping things simple since he knew that Eliana didn't like things that were over the top; he had special plans for that night and he hoped that they went well.

"So is this all you have planned for today?" Eliana asked curiously, she had been surprised by his plans but she was sure that there was a good reason that he had brought her out sightseeing for Valentine's Day.

Cristiano grinned and didn't say anything, he didn't want to ruin the surprise especially when he thought about the engagement ring that he was carrying around in his pocket at that very moment; he hadn't wanted to risk leaving it anywhere.

Eliana pouted when she realised that Cristiano wasn't going to tell her what was going on, she sighed shaking her head knowing that she didn't like surprises.

Cristiano kissed her cheek, it would all be worth it when he finally got down on one knee and asked her to marry him; he was so nervous about what she would say when she saw the ring.

***

"So are you going to tell me what is going on?" Eliana asked sipping on her glass of wine, she didn't know what to think anymore; they'd been sightseeing all day, then Cristiano had taken her to her favourite restaurant for dinner and now they were in a very nice hotel for the evening.

Eliana couldn't shake the butterflies that were in her stomach, she felt like the entire day was leading up to something and she was sure that Cristiano was hiding something from her.

"Can't I treat my beautiful girlfriend for Valentines?" Cristiano replied innocently, he wasn't going to tell her anything and he knew that the time was drawing closer to the moment were he asked Eliana to marry him.

Eliana rolled her eyes and kissed Cristiano, she was happy and she had never felt so loved in her life; she wrapped her arms around him after setting down her glass of wine.

The couple kissed for a moment before Cristiano pulled back from Eliana, he didn't want to get too carried away and forget why they were doing all of this; he was going to ask Eliana to marry him and nothing was going to change his mind.

"Why don't we take this upstairs?" Cristiano suggested with a grin, he hadn't told Eliana that he had booked them into this hotel room; he had the entire room set up for them and he was hoping that they would have a good night.

Cristiano hadn't wished to return to their home on a night like this, he knew that Behati was still there and this night was about them; he wanted this to be as romantic as possible.

"We have a hotel room?" Eliana asked confused looking at her boyfriend, she wasn't entirely sure what was going on anymore but she felt overwhelmed that Cristiano had done all of this for her.

***

Eliana opened and closed her mouth in surprise as Cristiano allowed her to step into their hotel room for the night; it was romantically decorated with rose petals and candles that made her heart melt.

Eliana could even see some champagne on ice, she could now understand why her mother had suggested the print maxi dress paired with lace sling-back peep toe heels that she was currently wearing for today.

"You didn't have to do this," Eliana whispered turning to look at Cristiano while he closed the hotel room door behind him, she had no idea what to say to him about all of this.

Eliana stepped forward and kissed Cristiano making him smile as he wrapped his arms around her, he held her close knowing that after tonight everything was going to change for them and for the better.

"I wanted to do this," Cristiano replied brushing some hair from her face, he kissed her again and he hoped that tonight went well; he felt a little sick right now but he wasn't going to let that deter him.

Eliana smiled into the kiss, she felt so lucky and she didn't know what she would have ever done if they hadn't met; she didn't think that she would have felt this happy in her entire life.

"I love you," Eliana whispered to Cristiano, she knew that things were tense right now and they were going to be so busy in the next few months but she wanted them to be okay.

Cristiano carefully pulled back from Eliana and took a deep breath, he couldn't put this off and the pocket that held the engagement ring suddenly felt heavy; he swallowed thickly as he stared at Eliana for a moment before he moved to drop down on one knee.

Eliana blinked in surprised as she watched Cristiano, she had no idea what to say as he got down on one knee and pulled out a small box; her heart pounded in her chest realising just what Cristiano had planned.

"Eliana... you are my best friend, the woman that I love coming home to," Cristiano started trying to remember all that he had planned out to say, he had no idea what he would do if she said no after everything that he had planned.

Eliana clapped a hand over her mouth as Cristiano opened up the box to reveal the 18ct gold half carat diamond three stone engagement ring that Cristiano had gotten for her; she felt tears burn her eyes as she realised that this was really happening.

"I had so many wonderful things to say about you... but I can't remember all of them right now, so I'll just say this," Cristiano mumbled a little embarrassed he smiled up at Eliana, he didn't want her to cry before he had even got started; he wanted to make this a good and he wasn't sure what to do if she broke down.

Eliana sniffled trying to calm herself, she had no idea how she hadn't seen this coming; she thought that she would have seen it coming.

"I love you so much, I want to spend the rest of my life with you," Cristiano continued smiling at Eliana, he took her left hand and stared up at her wanting to ease her mind; she was shaking and he was a little unsure what to expect when he asked her.

Eliana took a deep breath trying to steady herself, she couldn't take her eyes off the ring and she was in awe at how beautiful it was; it wasn't over the top and she liked that.

"Eliana Silva Santos will you marry me?" Cristiano asked smiling at Eliana, he had big hopes for the future for them.