Part Two - Chapter Twenty: Coming Forward

"How was the shoot?" Cristiano asked watching Eliana unpack, she hadn't really said anything about what had happened when she had bumped into Behati; he knew they'd talked but things still seemed tense between the two friends. 

Cristiano expected it to stay that way for a while, he didn't blame Eliana for being a little wary and it had taken her a week to forgive him fully after he had told her. 

Cristiano accepted that he hadn't chosen the best time to drop that bomb on Eliana, she'd just had their daughter and then he'd told her that Behati had kissed him. 

"It was good," Eliana replied smiling at Cristiano, after the talk that she'd had with Behati in the café she had put some distance between them and Behati had understood that it would take time. 

Cristiano nodded his head, he sat down on the bed and watched Eliana if something was wrong that Eliana would say but he didn't want to let this go when it had taken a week for them to fix things. 

"We're fine Cris," Eliana reassured turning to look at Cristiano, she kissed him softly before turning back to what she had been doing; she didn't want him worrying when nothing had changed. 

Cristiano opened his mouth to say something when Elsa started to cry over the baby monitor, Marosca jumped down off the bed and hurried out of the room heading towards the nursery where Elsa was. 

Eliana smiled pleased that the two dogs had been okay with the new arrival, they had taken to Elsa amazingly and the couple were pleased with how they had reacted. 

"I'll get her," Cristiano said knowing that the last thing Eliana would want to deal with after a long flight was a fussy baby; he walked away leaving Eliana alone, she frowned watching Cristiano walk away and she couldn't help but be worried. 

Eliana knew that things were slowly returning to normal for them.

***

Cristiano smiled down at Elsa, he held his daughter in his arms and he knew that things would be okay; he couldn't imagine what was going to happen when she grew up, she was always going to be his little girl. 

Eliana walked into the room, she brushed some hair from her face and wondered what was going on with him; she was sure that they were fine and she had forgiven him for what had happened. 

"The agent called while you away," Cristiano murmured making Eliana look at him, she hadn't been expecting the venue agent to call while she was away; she hoped that everything was okay and she was sure that it would be okay. 

"The date we want isn't possible," Cristiano said looking at Eliana, he wanted to marry her and he hoped that he had made the right decision; he knew that it changed everything for them. 

Eliana felt her stomach drop, she'd had her heart set on getting married in Madeira and she was disappointed that it might not happen; she didn't know what else they were going to do. 

"So I suggested August," Cristiano continued watching Eliana, he knew how much this had meant to her and he had done everything that he could to make sure that it would happen. 

Eliana wanted to get married at Quinta Das Vistas and Cristiano would make that happen in any way that he could; he wanted Eliana to have the day that she dreamed of and it was the least that he could do. 

"Next August is good," Eliana said knowing that Cristiano would have to be careful about preseason even if he did get extra time off depending on how Portugal did in the world cup. 

Eliana wasn't going to be the reason that he missed the start of the season, she was sure that things would be just fine.

Cristiano smiled a little at his fiancée, next August was not the month that he had suggested and he knew that it was a little short notice; he'd asked Jennifer for some help as soon as the date had changed. 

Eliana stared at Cristiano as she realised what he was saying, she wondered for a moment if he was joking; there was no way in hell that could happen and she was starting to worry already. 

"Five months? Are you out of your mind?" Eliana exclaimed running a hand through her hair, she didn't know how she would pull off a wedding in five months when there was still so much for them to get done; she hadn't even picked out her wedding dress yet. 

Cristiano smiled at Eliana, he knew it was a shock but the venue agent had already agreed; they would be getting married this summer and he knew there was nothing that would change that now. 

"5th of August 2013," Cristiano confirmed the date that he had booked, he had already changed the invites and they were all ready to go out; he wanted to limit the work that Eliana had to worry about with the wedding. 

Eliana made a small noise as she moved to sit down, she couldn't believe this and while she was happy she had the venue of her choose she wasn't happy with her small time-frame for organising. 

"I've already started work on the details... you just need to find your dress," Cristiano said knowing that everything was going to be perfect, he would do anything to make Eliana happy and he wasn't going to waste more time with her. 

The couple had nearly been together for three years and they had Elsa now, things were working out just fine and Cristiano didn't see the point in putting things off for longer. 

Eliana was the woman that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with and she was the mother of his perfect little girl; he was sure that they could pull this off without any problems.

***

Eliana smiled as she looked through the details that her mother and Cristiano had organised while she had been away; she was impressed with how much they had gotten done, she was a little excited about her wedding now. 

Cristiano padded into the bedroom, he grinned watching Eliana and he knew that things were going to be just fine; he was thrilled and he wouldn't change any of this for the world. 

"What do you think?" Cristiano asked wrapping his arms around Eliana and kissing her neck, he wanted her to be happy and he didn't care if she changed everything. 

Cristiano knew that he wouldn't be much help with the season still in full swing, Mourinho was on his back a lot and he knew that the man was on his way out; it wasn't a secret that things weren't going well behind the scenes. 

"I love it," Eliana murmured kissing Cristiano, she was so happy and she couldn't believe that in five months she would be getting married; she was so excited and this was why she loved him. 

Cristiano wrapped his arm around his fiancée and closed the folder that she had been reading, he had missed her while she had been away and he was glad they had some alone time. 

Eliana wrapped her arms around Cristiano's neck, she smiled into the kiss as he gently pushed her onto her back; she couldn't believe that they were going to get married in such a short space of time and she couldn't wait. 

Cristiano slowly started to unbutton Eliana's shirt, soon she would be Mrs Eliana Silva Aveiro and he couldn't wait; he loved the fact that things were finally working out for them.