Part Two - Chapter Twenty-One: Quiet Night In

"Are you sure you don't mind?" Eliana asked watching Jennifer with Elsa, the last month had been so busy with wedding plans and work that Eliana couldn't remember the last time that she'd had Cristiano to herself. 

Jennifer nodded her head and fussed over her granddaughter, she had promised Eliana that she would take Elsa since she knew how strained things were right now even with the wedding right around the corner for the couple. 

"Just relax," Jennifer insisted before she picked up Elsa's bag and left with her granddaughter, she didn't want any more problems showing their ugly face after everything that had happened so far. 

Eliana stood at the door and waved to her mother, she honestly didn't know what she would ever do without her; she watched for a couple of minutes before her mother had left completely. 

Eliana closed the door behind her and wandered back into the living room not entirely sure what to do with herself for a moment; Cristiano wasn't going to be back from training for a couple more hours and she hoped he had nothing planned. 

Sitting down on the couch, Eliana looked around the house was clean and there was no house-work for her to do; she was almost at a loss at what to do now that Elsa wasn't with her and she had no work. 

Eliana flicked on the television and settled in to watch one of her favourite shows that she'd had on record; she had missed a couple of episodes and now seemed like the perfect way to catch up with it. 

Eliana curled up on the couch, she brushed some hair from her face and watched the titles; she wondered what she should do for dinner and she knew that Cristiano would be starving when he got home. 

Eliana knew how serious he took his recovery after a tough game or training session, she guessed that it was something that helped him and it was one of the reasons he always came to end late.

***

Cristiano grumbled to himself stepping into his home and shutting the door, he flicked on the hallway light and was a little pleased when the two dogs didn't come barking; it was late and he didn't want to wake Elsa or Eliana. 

It hadn't been his plan to come home this late, it was nearly midnight but Jorge had called and he had been forced to go and deal with some business deal about a clothing line. 

Cristiano took off his jacket and hung it up, he ran his fingers through his hair and wandered into the house; he paused hearing the television playing and he slowly walked into the living room to find Eliana curled up on the couch. 

Staring at his sleeping fiancée for a moment, Cristiano sighed and padded into the room; he tried not to make too much noise as he turned off the television so he didn't wake her up. 

Cristiano carefully sat down on the couch, he brushed some hair from Eliana's face; he hated that he had left her alone all day and he cursed Jorge for springing the meeting on him, he had just wanted to come home and relax with his family. 

"Ana," Cristiano murmured ducking down and kissing the blonde, he was sure she would thank him for waking her up so she didn't have a bad back from sleeping on the couch all night. 

Eliana groaned slowly waking up, she brushed her fingers through her hair as she sat up and blinked; she had no idea what time it was and she felt a little disorientated for a moment. 

"You're home," Eliana murmured wrapping her arms around Cristiano, she closed her eyes and felt herself starting to fall asleep again; she didn't even know when she had fallen asleep but she guessed that it was pretty late now.

Cristiano held Eliana close, he pressed a kiss to the top of her head and he was glad that things were okay; the house was so quiet and he had been a little worried what he might be coming home to. 

"I am so sorry for being late," Cristiano whispered closing his eyes, he had no idea why Jorge seemed to be going into overdrive with everything recently; he had barely a minute to himself anymore with all the business deals that Jorge was throwing his way. 

"Jorge again?" Eliana asked not opening her eyes, she didn't know what was going on with their agent and she had noticed that after the wedding things were going to get busy for the both of them. 

Cristiano didn't say anything, he knew that he wanted to sort himself out so that when he did retire from football that he could take time for himself and their family. 

Cristiano had no idea what was going to happen when he retired but he planned to take a year or two to spend time with his family so that he could make up for all the times that he hadn't been able to be there. 

Eliana opened her blue eyes, she looked at Cristiano and smiled at him; she cuddled into his arms and she hoped that things would calm down soon. 

Cristiano leaned forward and kissed Eliana, he cupped her face and he knew that he wasn't going to let things ever get in the way when it came to them; he loved Eliana and Elsa, they were the two that mattered to him and he wasn't going to let them down. 

Eliana started to unbutton Cristiano's shirt, she laughed softly feeling Cristiano slip his hands under her top so that he could undo her bra; she focused on what she was doing as Cristiano started to kiss down her neck. 

"It unhooks from the front," Eliana said trying not to smile, she pulled off her top and removed her bra making Cristiano grin before he kissed her.

***

Eliana padded into the bedroom wearing nothing but Cristiano's shirt, she climbed into bed while Cristiano just lay there staring at the ceiling; she cuddled into his side knowing that they needed to get some sleep. 

"My pai would have liked you," Cristiano murmured not looking at Eliana, he often thought of his father and he couldn't believe that it had been nearly eight years since he had passed away. 

Cristiano wished that there was something that he could have done to save him, he wished every day that he could have been there to see how much he had grown up and to meet the two people that meant everything to him. 

Eliana didn't say anything, she didn't know what to say and she knew that Cristiano still missed his father; she wished she could have met the man that had meant so much to him. 

Hugo had very nearly gone the same way as his father but he had pulled his life back together, he was still working on his marriage but things were finally starting to look good again. 

Hugo and Lilian were going to have another baby and Cristiano was pleased with the news that he was going to have a new nephew in a couple of months' time. 

"He'd be proud of you," Eliana whispered cuddling into his side, she couldn't imagine what he had been through when he had lost his father; she might have been angry with hers after what he had done but he was still alive. 

Cristiano smiled and looked at Eliana, he kissed her knowing that he had no idea what he would have done if he had never met her; he knew that he wouldn't have been the man that he was right now. 

Eliana had changed him for the better, he loved her more than anything and he hoped that they were going to be okay.

###

Author's Note:

Just realised that today (05.09.2015) is the 10 year anniversary of Cristiano's father passing away.