Part Two - Chapter Seventeen: Fight for Us

Eliana took a deep breath as she woke up in the bed that she had spent the night with in, it felt weird to think that she had been sleeping next to Cristiano; it made her want to forgive him for what he had done. 

Eliana rolled over and faced where Cristiano slept, she frowned spotting the space next to her empty and she felt a little hurt that he wasn't by her side; she should have known that he would get up and leave. 

Sitting up in bed, Eliana peeked around the bedroom and grumbled to herself feeling stupid about feeling hurt that Cristiano wasn't there when she wanted him to be. 

However when Eliana moved to climb out of bed, she was stopped by Cristiano returning to the bedroom with breakfast for them on a tray; she stared at him surprised at the gesture. 

Cristiano smiled nervously, he was glad that she hadn't tried to leave straight away and he had already called her mother to make sure that she was okay having Elsa for a couple more hours while they talked. 

"Bom dia," Cristiano murmured setting the tray down on the bed, he wanted to prove that their relationship was worth the fight; he wasn't going to let Eliana go not when he loved her so much. 

Cristiano knew that what he had done was wrong, he should have never have hidden the truth from her and no amount of apologises or gifts would make up for betraying her trust. 

"Cris..." Eliana whispered knowing what he was trying to do, she shouldn't have stayed the night and she really needed to get home and back to their daughter. 

Eliana didn't want to give him any false hope and she knew that she had no idea what she was going to do about this; she wished that she had answers that would make this easier for her. 

"It's just breakfast Ana," Cristiano murmured brushing some hair from her face, he wanted to prove that they could do this; he didn't want her leaving thinking that he was going to let her give up on them without a fight. 

Eliana looked at Cristiano, she had a feeling that she was going to regret staying for breakfast when she was feeling so hurt.

***

"Are you sure mãe?" Eliana asked speaking with her mother on the phone, she leant against the counter as she listened to Jennifer talk; the woman was determined that Eliana spend more time with Cristiano. 

Jennifer was sure that spending the day together would allow the couple to work through their differences, she knew that things weren't right and she hoped they could be fixed. 

Cristiano watched Eliana, he didn't know how he was going to thank Jennifer for this but he was glad that she was pushing Eliana to spend time with him; he wanted to work this out before it was too late. 

Eliana set the phone down when she was done, she didn't know what to think right now and she wasn't sure spending more time with Cristiano was going to help. 

"My mãe has offered to have Elsa for the day while we talk," Eliana mumbled turning to face Cristiano, she crossed her arms a little annoyed and she didn't see what would change by spending the day together. 

Cristiano smiled walking over to Eliana, he hated that she wasn't wearing her engagement ring and he hoped to convince her that they could get past this; he didn't want her doubting him ever again. 

Eliana eyed Cristiano, she had no idea what they were going to do; she was so lost right now and she wished that someone could just point her in the right direction. 

"How am I ever meant to trust you again?" Eliana asked shaking her head, even last night's talk hadn't made this easier for her and she wished that she could believe that she could trust him again. 

Cristiano swallowed, he knew that he had screwed up and he wanted them to work this out; he couldn't bear the thought of losing her.

"I will do whatever it takes Eliana," Cristiano said walking over to her, he wrapped his arms around her and buried his head into her shoulder; he had messed up but he wasn't going to let that stop him. 

Eliana closed her blue eyes, she missed when things had been so much easier for them and she wanted to go back to when things had been so good for them; she hated how far they had fallen. 

Cristiano slowly started to kiss Eliana's neck, he moved slowly knowing that things were raw right now; he was a little relieved that she wasn't pushing him away and he hoped that it was a good sign. 

"Cris," Eliana warned knowing what he was thinking, her back pressed into the counter as his hands slipped under her shirt; she closed her eyes knowing that he wasn't going to push her for anything. 

Cristiano claimed Eliana's mouth in a kiss, he lifted her up onto the counter and stood between her legs; he smiled feeling her kiss back, it was a sign that all hope wasn't lost for them. 

Eliana whimpered burying her hands into Cristiano's hair, she was surprised how intense things were between them; she had never thought that she would get this carried away. 

Cristiano pressed himself close to Eliana, he couldn't believe that this was happening; his body felt like it was on fire and he couldn't stop himself and he prayed that Eliana didn't stop him either. 

Eliana slowly started to unbutton his shirt, she kissed Cristiano desperately as he lifted her off the counter; her legs locked around his waist as they stumbled into the living room.

***

Cristiano panted as he buried his head into Eliana's neck, he held her close knowing that he hadn't expected them to do that on the living room floor; it gave a whole new meaning to the shag carpet that they had there. 

Eliana brushed her fingers through his hair, she closed her eyes enjoying the moment as she thought about what they had just done; she chewed on her lip as Cristiano pressed a sloppy kiss to her neck. 

"I love you," Cristiano whispered closing his eyes, he rested her head on her shoulder and wondered what was going to happen now; he didn't think that this would change anything after what had happened. 

Eliana stared up at the ceiling at Cristiano's words, her stomach filled with butterflies and she knew what she had to do; she had been so worried about everything that she hadn't even thought about just letting go. 

"Cris... I forgive you," Eliana whispered back making Cristiano pull away from her, he stared down at her for a moment realising what she had said; he smiled ducking down to kiss Eliana knowing that he had wanted her to say those words all week. 

Eliana squeaked into the kiss, she was a little surprised at how enthusiastic Cristiano was about this kiss; they had only been apart for a week and they had gone longer without seeing one another before. 

The couple enjoyed their kiss before Cristiano moved to get Eliana's engagement ring, he hadn't ever put it down since she had given it back to him. 

Cristiano kissed Eliana as he slipped the gold half carat diamond three stone engagement ring back onto her finger, she had been without it for too long in his opinion and he hoped it never came off her finger again. 

Eliana wrapped her arms around Cristiano's neck, she really hoped that they would be able to put this behind them for now.