Part Three - Chapter Eight: Christmas Present

Eliana smiled softly waking up next to Cristiano, she couldn't believe that he had married her and that things had changed so much for them; she sighed brushing her fingers against his cheek. 

It made her think of the decision that she had discussed with Jorge before they had come here, it had been an easy one to make and Eliana hoped that Cristiano would be okay with it. 

The decision had taken a lot of thinking and Eliana knew that there would be consequences, she was likely to lose her career a lot quicker but it would mean that she would get to spend more time with Elsa. 

"What are you thinking about?" Cristiano asked taking Eliana's hand and kissed it, he slowly opened his eyes and stared at her wondering what was on her mind. 

Wrapping his arms around Eliana, Cristiano cuddled her close knowing that this was going to be a good first Christmas with Elsa; he wanted it to be special for all three of them. 

"Just the talk I had with Jorge," Eliana murmured watching Cristiano's face, she hadn't told him what she had been planning only that things would be different this time around. 

It felt strange that she had made the decision that she had but it was going to be okay; Eliana had a feeling that they were going to be okay. 

"Eliana?" Cristiano murmured worrying about what she was doing, he knew she'd been talking with Jorge a lot recently and he knew that she was making some serious decisions about her future. 

It hadn't been easy to sit back and do nothing, Cristiano wanted her to do whatever she wanted as long as she came home to him at the end of the day. 

"I'm taking a bit of a step back from modelling. Cutting down what I am doing," Eliana revealed softly, she brushed her fingers through his hair knowing that everything was going to be alright. 

It was a decision that she had to make and she didn't regret it, Eliana wanted things to be easier for her and while Jorge wasn't happy about cancelling a lot of her work; he understood especially since he had children of his own.

"Ana..." Cristiano whispered softly, he wanted nothing more than to support Eliana and he wanted nothing more than to ensure that things went well; he wanted nothing more than for her to be happy. 

Things were so strange right now and Cristiano knew that she had been struggling with working most of the time; he wanted nothing more than for her to do the right thing for her. 

"I'm still going to be doing some things. I'm mainly going to be working for Victoria Secret and I'm gonna focus on what comes after modelling more now," Eliana explained with a smile, she was sure about this and she knew that it was time to put her family first. 

Cristiano watched her closely, he leant forward and kissed Eliana knowing that things were going to be interesting; he held her close and he knew that this was going to take some getting used to. 

It had clearly been a long time coming and Cristiano knew that Eliana had originally planned to take a year off when Elsa had been born but it hadn't worked out like she had hoped. 

Eliana had found herself being pulled back to work with a push from Jorge, her time with Elsa had been sort of limited since she had gone back to work. 

"I love you," Cristiano whispered softly, he watched her closely knowing that he would do anything to make this easier on her; he wanted nothing more than to help her out. 

Eliana kissed him, she guessed now would be a good time to give him his present before Elsa was awake; she pulled back and climbed out of bed to get the present. 

Watching his wife curiously, Cristiano sat up a little and grinned to himself unable to not admire how the lace-trim slip looked on her; he felt incredibly lucky to have such a beautiful wife like her.

"Ana," Cristiano murmured spotting the box that she had pulled out of her suitcase, he pushed the sheet away from him and moved to sit on the edge of the bed; he was curious about what she was going to do. 

It didn't seem real that it was Christmas and Cristiano was just happy that they didn't have to worry about anything; it was relaxing and he was going to enjoy it. 

Eliana handed over the box and sat down on the bed next to him watching him, she smiled knowing that he was going to love the surprise; it didn't seem real that it had been eighteen months since she had found out that she was pregnant with Elsa. 

Opening the box, Cristiano paused at the sight of the jersey inside and he swallowed thickly remembering the last time that she had done this for him; his heart pounded in his chest at the idea of what this could mean. 

"Eliana?" Cristiano asked softly, his brown eyes looking to his wife who had a smile on her face; he carefully picked the Real Madrid baby kit out of the box trying to wrap his head around this. 

Eliana didn't say a word, she watched him wondering what he was thinking; they hadn't talked about having another baby but it had happened. 

"I'm six weeks pregnant," Eliana revealed with a smile, she had been waiting to tell him the news and she was sure that Elsa would be thrilled to have a baby brother or sister. 

It seemed so strange to think that they were expecting another child but everything seemed to be going well; Eliana just hoped her pregnancy was going to go as well as her last. 

Cristiano grinned leaning forward and kissing Eliana, he couldn't believe that she was going to give him a second child; he had thought they'd wait a couple of years before they started trying to give Elsa a baby brother or sister.

***

"You're gonna be a wonderful big sister," Cristiano whispered cuddling Elsa, he couldn't wait until the new baby was born; the new baby was due in August and he was glad that he would be able to be there when he or she was born. 

It almost seemed strange that Elsa was going to be a big sister and Cristiano knew that it was going to be an interesting time; he had a feeling that it would be a big surprise for her. 

"Mama and papa love you never much," Cristiano murmured brushing his fingers through her blonde hair, she looked so much like her mother and he couldn't help but hope that any other daughters they had would look like their mother. 

Eliana sipped on her drink while she watched Cristiano and Elsa, she was glad that they had worked things out and she hoped that he would be okay with another baby on the way. 

Things would be different this time around and Eliana wasn't going to allow herself to be pushed into working so soon again; she wanted to take time with her family this time. 

"I think she'll enjoy having a baby brother or sister," Cristiano mumbled softly, he smiled at Eliana knowing that he wasn't going to let anything happen to her, Elsa or the baby; they were everything to him and he wanted to keep them safe. 

It was going to be a tough few months and Cristiano wasn't going to let anyone stress Eliana out, she was going to be taking a step back from her work and he was glad of that right now. 

"I think she will," Eliana mused with a smile, she wasn't going to be able to prepare for what would happen when Elsa met the new baby but things were going to work out and she knew that Cristiano would help her out every step of the way.