Part Three - Chapter Four: Time at Home

"You can't be serious," Jorge spluttered looking at Cristiano, he had so much planned for them in the coming year and that was only the beginning; he wanted to make sure that Cristiano and Eliana were the power couple of the moment. 

It had come as a surprise to him that Cristiano had come to him asking to lighten up Eliana's work load, Jorge didn't see what the problem was and he knew that there was so much going up that he just couldn't cancel now. 

"Eliana needs to be home more," Cristiano murmured hoping that Jorge would understand, she was struggling and Cristiano wanted to help her in some way; he wanted to make sure that she wasn't going to be away more than needed. 

It wasn't going to be easy, Cristiano understood that but he was sure that there was something that could be done; especially since Elsa was at such a young age right now and needed her mother. 

"Please Jorge... she's struggling right now," Cristiano pleaded wishing that he could make this all go away, they had barely been married two months and already it felt like things were going to breakdown for them. 

Jorge sighed leaning back in his seat, he stared at Cristiano knowing that the last thing that he needed was the couple breaking apart before he got to push for more; he was working on a big photoshoot that would involve the two of them for some big magazine. 

"I'll see what I can do," Jorge mumbled knowing that while he couldn't completely call off all the work that Eliana was booked for, there were some shoots that could be moved her instead of being dotted around the world. 

Cristiano looked at him gratefully, he trusted Jorge with his life and he knew that he was just trying to make sure that everything went well for the couple that he joint managed.

***

"How was your talk with Jorge?" Eliana asked padding into the kitchen, she had a fussy Elsa in her arms and she was just glad to be home for a few days; she couldn't imagine what she was going to do when she had to leave again. 

It wasn't easy but she knew it was a big part of her job, Eliana loved modelling but she just wanted a little more time with her daughter; she didn't know what the future was going to hold for her. 

"It was good," Cristiano said nodding his head, he sipped on his water knowing that Jorge would do his best and they were going to be able to relax soon; he was sure that they would both be able to enjoy the holiday to Dubai that he had planned for them for Christmas. 

It had been a quick decision that he had made and he hadn't really told Eliana yet but he knew that it would be a nice surprise; they would have two weeks there and he'd only have one work commitment that would appear during it.

"Did you make a decision about the film?" Eliana asked softly, she wanted to know what he was thinking and she could tell that he was really tempted with the idea of having a film about himself made. 

It was going to take some getting used to but Eliana was sure that she would be able to cope with it, it wasn't like she'd see a lot of them film crew anyway and she just wanted him to be happy. 

"I'm still not sure," Cristiano murmured knowing that he was running short on time to agree to this, he wanted to make sure that he had the right decision for his family before he really agreed to this. 

It was going to be life changing and Cristiano was hopeful that they would be more settled when it came to letting a film crew into their home and his personal life. 

Elsa babbled making him smile before Cristiano moved to lift her out of her mother's arms, he cuddled her close and kissed the top of her head; she was everything to him and he would do anything to protect her.

***

"Your mãe called today... she seemed upset about our plans for Christmas?" Eliana mused smiling at Cristiano, she'd had no idea what Dolores was talking about and she had a feeling that her husband had something planned. 

Sitting down on the bed, Eliana wondered what Cristiano might have planned for them especially since it would be their first Christmas with Elsa; she wanted it to be special and she knew that it had to be something big if it had upset Dolores. 

"I might have planned something," Cristiano teased looking over the top of his book, he rested against his pillow watching Eliana for a moment; he had only told his mother since she had called to talk about their plans for the holidays. 

Cristiano was a little disappointed that Dolores had told Eliana, he knew she had been expecting them to spend it with her but he wanted it to be a nice relaxing break for them to enjoy. 

"Might have?" Eliana teased watching Cristiano, she was so curious about where they would be going and she hoped that he would tell her since Dolores had sort of spoiled the surprise. 

Dolores had been pretty upset and Eliana had been surprised that she had thought they would be spending Christmas with her in Portugal; she hadn't really thought about it herself but she had assumed they'd be here to celebrate Christmas as a family for the first time. 

"I have booked us a holiday to Dubai," Cristiano revealed softly, he set down his book hoping that this would be okay and that she wouldn't be too upset; he just wanted to get some time alone for them without their families getting in the way. 

Eliana grinned before she moved to kiss Cristiano, she couldn't believe that they were going to Dubai for the holidays; she was actually a little excited to get away from Madrid with Cristiano and Elsa.

Wrapping his arms around Eliana, Cristiano held her close knowing that they would need a break when the holidays arrived and the last thing that he wanted was for them to have to deal with their families. 

It was going to be hard enough to focus on Elsa's first Christmas if they were forced to deal with their families all wanting to be involved; they would take over and that was the last thing they wanted. 

Cristiano brushed his fingers through Eliana's hair, he deepened the kiss enjoying their small moment together; he was just happy that they would get some time together as a family. 

Dolores and Jennifer had both been planning what was going to happen for Elsa's first Christmas, something that meant that Cristiano and Eliana would be stuck listening to their mothers fight and by going away they avoided that. 

"No work commitments?" Eliana asked softly, she knew that there was likely something planned for late December even if they had asked Jorge not to do so; they wanted to spend time with their daughter then more than any other time of year. 

Cristiano sighed watching Eliana, he really hoped that she wouldn't mind and he was sort of hoping that they'd be able to get away from all the drama for a little while especially with Andressa rearing her ugly head again. 

The couple didn't know what she was saying this time but from what they had heard she was sticking to her story that she'd spent the time with Cristiano. 

"Just an award ceremony," Cristiano reassured, he wasn't going to let anyone get in the way of his family; he was happy and he wanted to keep it that way.