Chapter 18

•••Conor's P.O.V.•••

We stepped across the border. I noted that Rachael let out a deep sigh, like her soul just slipped out.

"So. How are we getting to the pacific anyway." Peter asked. He glanced at Rachael.

Why is he glancing at my girl.

No more glancing for Peter.

Wait....no. what am I thinking?

Look at me, being a jealous freak. Everybody knows he is so into Susan.

"Um. Walk?" Susan suggested.

"That would kill us." Nico stated "lets ride a bus."

He almost sounded too excited.

"Woah man. Calm down, " Peter gestured with his hands "lets not get two excited. "

Nicos face dropped and we burst out laughing.

"What? Haven't ever ridden n a bus? " I joked.

" I have." Nico pouted "just not in a long time, plus, I like to ride them."

"We figured." Rachael giggled.

She is so cute. I have to ask her out soon. Ive been thinking it over and I think that I'm in love. I know, cheesy as Apollo's poems, but I have never waited this long to ask a girl out. There is just something about her that makes me all nervous and excited and happy all at the same time.

Soon I told myself.

Soon.

"WE ARE HERE. NOW. " Susan brought me out of my deep thoughts.

She was pointing to a electric blue pole by the slim road sticking out of the ground with a half bench attached to it in the same eyecatching Color. A sign was on the ground beaten and smashed next to it.

Nico jogged over and picked it up. He rubbed the dirt away and began to read.

"Bus schedule, " he confirmed "should be here in about half an hour."

"Great!" Peter announced, taking a seat on the blue half bench.

"What do you think happened to this sign? " Nico asked, worriedly looking over at me.

"Dude, its a bus stop. Outside. In the weather and storms. Or maybe it was a crazy person who attacked it with a stick, I don't know. But bro, stop treating it like an injured fox, its just gay." I gestured with my hands dramatically around me.

Nico shot me a death glare "Maybe, just maybe, some of us ARE gay and feel insulted by that comment."

It all makes sense now. Stupid stupid Connor.

"But you're right, it was probably just a crazy man with a st-" Nico was cut off by a rumble of the earth.

Everyone stopped talking, as if the world was paused, and listened. Another rumble, and anther shortly after. Then a roar, nfolled by a monsterous deep laugh.

Ogres. Big ugly red cannibalistic beasts that love to consume demigods. Crape.

"Who's the one in the wring now!? " Nico whisper shouted at me, he always gets the last call. That kid.

Ignoring Nico's comment, I gulped and frantically swepted the area with my eyes, looking for any sort of place to hide. I spotted some rocks about a hundred yards away.

"We have to go!" I whisper yelled, as I grabbed Rachael's hand.

We all took off towards the rocks.