Chapter 2: Rough and Tumble

Connors P.O.V
"STOLLS" screamed one of the Demeter girls. Me and Travis snickered at her reaction. We had pulled one of the oldest tricks in the book. We triggered the door, so that when someone opened it, a bucket of water would douse them.
Travis always wanted to pull pranks on the Demeter cabin because he had a crush on a girl named Katie. I personally loved pranking the Ares cabin, they always have a good chase and beating in store for us afterwards. WAY more entertaining.
Then something unexpected happened: Katie (Demeter girl whom Travis has a crush on) began to run up to where we were. She was clearly mad. Her wet hair was flying behind her. Travis' face lit up. He pulled my arm as we began to run up the hill, she was right on our heels.
"I'm going to kill you Travis STOLL!" she yelled.
"Go ahead and try, sweetheart." he said, winking at her. That made her really mad. She grabbed his heel and pulled him down, tackling him. I burst out laughing, (his face was priceless) but kept on running for my life.
"Connor! Help?!?!?" He yelped.
"Every man for himself, dude!" I shouted behind my shoulder.
I kept running, strait into the forest, looking back every once in a while expecting a wild child of Demeter chasing me with a stick or something. I slowed to a jog when I realized nobody was following.
Then, something slammed into me, causing me to fall forward. I put my hands out to break my fall. I closed my eyes, if I was going to have my face fall on a sharp rock, I didn't want to see it. I felt my hands pound against the hard cold ground. Nothing happened. I slowly opened my eyes to see that I almost crushed a girl. Not just I girl...a beautiful girl. In fact, she was the most beautiful girl I have EVER SEEN. She had soft, light brown hair with hints of curls. Her jawbone defined he slim neck. Her nose was at a perfect point and her lips were full; a natural shade of rose. She opened her eyes slowly, as if she was afraid she had died, to reveal her big emerald eyes. They were the color of healthy and dark green grass. Her eyelashes were long and thick, enhancing her eyes that much more. Connor! Snap out of it you stupe! I thought to myself.
I quickly picked myself up realizing I was still on the same position. I held out a hand to her, and she took it. Little tiny tingles went up and down my arm when we touched. What the heck is going on!
" I'm so sorry!" She said, her eyes filled with concern " I didn't mean to run into you."
I chuckled "No no, it was my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going."
"Omg, Rachel! Are you okay!" Some guy with dark hair said, running up to us.
I sighed. Of COURSE she has a boyfriend. Every good looking girl either turns me down, or has a boyfriend. 'You are one lucky sucker' I thought, and mentally glared at him
'why do you care so much, idiot? Not like she likes you or anything, you just met! Plus, you had a VERY bad first impression anyways'
"I'm fine Andrew" she said smiling. Just then another girl came up and hugged Rachel tight.
"I thought you died!" She said between sobs
"Um....i tripped over a rock...not got shot in the head"
"Ok, ok. I don't need your sassy...sass." Said the other girl sticking her tongue out as she wiped away her tears.
I chuckled. The two other people seemed to notice me for the first time. The Andrew guy frowned.
"Oh! This is the guy I happened to run into. In which I forgot to ask his name." Rachel said quietly gesturing toward me. Was that a blush on her face? 'Shut. Up.'
I laughed. "Hey! I'm Connor! Worlds comfiest pillow."
Rachel giggled. "Well, I'm Rachel, this guy's name is Andrew and that's his girlfriend Abby."
I felt as if a thousand bricks had been lifted off my shoulders. 'Yay! She doesn't have a boyfriend! Wait why am I excited. Stupid!'
I stuck my hand out toward Andrew, and he shook it. I nodded toward Abby. "Nice to meet you. Why were you guys runn-"
Just then a horrible screech filled the air. I looked into the forest to see a dracne coming toward us. Hissing about runaway lunch.
"Come on!" I yelped. 'I cannot BELEIVE my voice cracked!'I probably looked stupid, but at the moment, all I cared about was the safety of these people. I was hoping they were half-bloods, so they could cross the magic border.
We began to run toward camp. I could see Thalia's tree; we were so close! I was panting from exhaustion. I reached back to make sure they were keeping up with me. Somebody grabbed my hand, I knew it was Rachel. Her hands were so soft. We were only 20 feet from the border now. 10 feet, 4 feet. I pulled Rachel across the camp border, Andrew and Abby fell across, and began to stumble down the hill. I grabbed Rachel around the waist before she began to roll down the hill.
"What are you doing?!?! The dracne is right behind us!" She said
The dracne came up to us. It reached out to us, being the stupid thing it was, and got electrified. It yelped in pain as it looked at us with pure hate. Then, crumpled to gold dust.
"How? What? What just happened" Rachel stuttered.
"We made it into camp, my dear. Thank gods your a half-blood." I chided.
"A half what? What camp? Where are we?" Her face looked confused.
I let my arms drop from we waist and we both started down the hill. A few Apollo kids were looking over Andrew and Abby, who were laying at the bottom of the hill.
"Connor!" Will yelled "this girl needs to get to the infirmary! She took a rough tumble down the hill. Also, this kid here is unconscious."
Rachel stopped dead in her tracks, she looked up from her feet and a look of amazement filled her eyes. She looked from right to left taking in the whole camp "woah" she breathed this is amazing.
"Best view is from right here." I stated stupidly. Way to go Connor, pointing out the obvious and all.
That's when she noticed her unconscious friends and chocked on a sob.

_______________________________
How is it so far? Tell me what you think?
Leo: it sucks
Me: what why?!?!??
Leo: I'm not in it. That's why.
Me: you are not the center of the universe Leo.
Leo: who says I'm not? I'm bad boy supreme. I am everything.
Me: no. Walmart is everything.
Leo: what the mug is walmart.
Me: they sell everything there. Even babies.
Leo: why would you want to intentionally buy a baby?
Me: leo, people like babies.
Leo: no.
Me: what makes you say that?
Leo: I don't care for babies. They cry a lot. Therefore the earth doesn't like babies
Me: your one to judge! You cry a lot repair boy!
Leo: ....
Me:
Leo: I hate you.