Chapter 8: The Whisperers of the Sea

~Connors P.O.V~

Wow. Didnt see that one coming. Like whatsoever. She is the daughter of Ares, GOD OF WAR. I can't tell if im shrinking back in fear from all the possible ways she could not hurt me, or falling for her harder. Its funny though, all of the Ares kids are like 'hey, dont mess with me shrimp. Im a big tough guy, who has no brain cells.' while Rachael's all 'Hi, I'm really shy and little, and I don't look like Ares at all!'. Hmmm.
She looked really embarrassed which made her face go all pink, which was adorable. She stared down at her feet. She was standing next to a girl named Susan, a daughter of Apollo, making her look smaller than ever.
That's when I realized Rachel's (orical) eyes hadn't faded like they normally do after a prophecy. Like she was waiting patiently for everyone's attention.

From their sleep they awake to take back revenge,

From dreams stollen and crushed at hand,

To be loved and to seek dead romance on edge,

Anger fuels their motives like a fan.

After that last bit, the orical collapsed into the arms of a trained Apollo kid. There were murmurs through the crowd. Peter, a son of Athena, came up to Chiron and whispered something in his ear. All the color from Chiron's face drained. He gulped. Uh-oh....
~Peters P.O.V~
I was standing guard on the hill, well reading a book, but I was supposed to be watching. That's when the whispers started. They said things like 'I love you' 'come to me' 'you want us'. Breathing began to get hard. I dropped my book and fell to my knees, gasping for breath and resisting the urges to run and jump in the sea. I could feel my life dwindling away. 'Come to us' the voices urged. 'Come and see the sirens beauty'
Oh gods no. It can't be the sirens. They are SLEEPING! Did I mention Poisedon is keeping watch over their current state of being. The voices were getting stronger now, tempting me to run into the water. Holy Aphrodite. What was the legend? What got Hercules out of this situation.... he...he thought of his lover. Oh my zues, I'm going to die. He thought of all the reasons why he loved her and the sirens left him alone. Sounds easy enough, except for the fact that I don't love anybody. I guess I do love my cat, not the point. I struggled to my feet an held my head. I put all of my living being into my legs, struggling to walk toward the bonfire. Every few seconds I would gasp for oxygen. Usually, I got nothing. I felt myself slipping into what felt like Tartarus. I resorted back to the only thing I could think of: how much I love my cat Olly. She was a fluffy white cat with bright blue eyes and a stub tail. I remembered how she would push me off the bed at 3:00 am and how she would only eat wet food...etc.
I was thinking so hard about how much I loved Olly, that I didn't even notice that the whispers of the sirens had stopped. I had to tell Chiron.
I ran as fast as I could to the bonfire. It was eerily silent, but I didn't care, the whispers almost KILLED ME. TO DEATH. LIKE I ALMOST DIED. WHAT THE HADES.
I told Chiron that the sirens were awake, that was all he needed to know. He cleared his throat "It seems as if....the sleeping sirens have awoken. The whisperers of the sea. Hated by all men." He stared off in the direction of a girl with light brown wavy hair in a t-shirt in shorts. He just stared at her intently. "Nobody living can defeat these creatures."
Her face looked like a ghosts. Deathly white. No one spoke.
"No one will be 50 feet from the shoreline, AM I UNDERSTOOD!" Chiron shouted at the campers. Everyone looked shocked. Chiron NEVER raised his voice at campers. Never. The campers nodded.
-----------------------------------------------------
~Rachael's P.O.V~
I walked back to the Hermes cabin to get my stuff. I was moving to the blood red cabin that a lot of brainless moofs lived. They're probably going to kill me. I jogged over to my bunk and grabbed a pack. I filled it with my few belongings and was about to walk out of the cabin she I saw none other than Connor Stoll standing in the doorway.
"So, Ares huh?" He smirked.
"Um, yeah. I think." I said looking at my feet
"You know what I think? I think that You are the 'willed one' in that new prophecy. and I'm right too." he stated in a serious tone, not breaking eye contact. "Because you can't die."
I froze. How come people are so convinced that me and death are such close buddies. Like what the Apollo. I scowled "I can too die."
"No you can't."
"Hello in there??? I am not immortal. I can be dead in like three seconds if I tried." I said, getting impatient
"Nope"
"Yes"
"Nope"
"Yes"
"Nu-uh"
"Yes! A thousand times yes"
"No"
"Yes"
"No"
"Stop! Is no all you can say?"
"Yes"
I pushed passed him in a huff and began making my way to what I call the 'dead in red' cabin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
O my fish. You guys. I received a death threat email. It was horrible. I'm sorry! I was just having writers block! Not my fault! Let's face it. Hera took my brain away for three days. I've been out of it.
Leo:your ALWAYS out of it
Me: I will slap you son!
Leo: you are very far from being my mother.
Me: doesn't stop me from slapping your sexy face * raises hand*
Leo: wait, did you just call me sexy?
Me: No... **lowers hand slowly**
Leo: yes, yes you did I heard it. With my ears.
Me: then you might want to get them checked out Bruh. I didn't call you sexy. I'm sorry.
Leo: yes
Me: no
Leo:yes.
Me: oooo you added a period! Makes it so much more threatening **waves hands around sarcastically**
Leo: it's called good grammar, sweetie. **leo sassily sasses**
Me: oh no you did not just-
SUSAN: shut the mug up you dipshits and end the chapter.
Leo and me: ....*squeaks* okay... Bye!