Chapter 5: Good Coffee is a Pleasure

~Rachel's P.O.V~
I woke up slowly, opening one eye at a time. I sat up and rubbed my face. I glanced at the clock and sighed, it read 4:57 am. I couldn't just lay there, I had to get up, I had to start the day, I had to find answers, I had to take a shower, but most importantly I had to have COFFEE.
I flipped up the covers, and stepped onto the cold hard floor. I shivered as the coldness flowed through my body. I made the bed, as best I could with chattering teeth, I also noticed some clothes on the dresser with a sticky not on them. It read: I got these from the camp store, I hope these are your size :). I smiled, oh Connor.
I groped toward the bathroom, avoiding all the squeaky spots on the floor best I could. I entered expecting to be disgusting (30 boys stayed in this cabin!), but to my surprise it was very neat. I quietly shut the door and stripped of my clothing. I hopped into the shower and turned on the water. I set the dial to hot, I really love hot showers. The warm water pierced my skin in a wonderful way, as it flowed down my back. I saw a pink shower bag with my name on it. I looked inside and saw shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and a shower scrunchie.
I smiled to myself when I saw the drenched note at the bottom. It read: "here, I thought it smelled good. -Connor"
I looked at the label. The shampoo was white tea. I wondered how he happened to stumble on one of my favorite scents. I popped open the cap and squeezed some into my hand. I began to scrub my hair with the heavenly stuff. After I rinsed, I took a look at the conditioner. It was Lush gardiña(a Hispanic tropical flower), I rubbed it in my hair and it instantly made it soft. The last thing I looked at was the body wash. It was coffee vanilla sugar. I gasped. It smelled so marvelous. I lathered it on my body and rinsed. I switched off the water and felt around for my towel. I grabbed at it when I felt it brush against my fingers. I dried myself off with the plush pink towel Connor got me.
That kid is so thoughtful, so amazingly thoughtful. I wouldn't even remember to give the president a pillow if he had a sleepover at my house.
As soon as I finished drying off I took up the clothes Connor got me: a pair of denim short shorts, a dark navy blue shirt that said 'what in the name of Hermes' in white letters, and a pair of white ankle cut converse. I put the outfit on, it fit perfectly.
I opened the medicine cabinet to see my make up bag. How did it get here? There was a note from....Travis? This was new. It said "here is your bag, sweets." Uh...sweets? Meh. I applied the makeup to my face and braided my hair into a French side braid. I took on last glance in the mirror and walked out. I read the clock. 5:16. Wow. That took less than I thought. I left the cabin, quietly shutting the door. Fresh air filled my lungs and I clambered down the steps. The camp was still, perfectly quite. There was a misty fog hovering over the ground(it was really cold sooo), and mildew topped the grass. I made my way to the pavilion where I saw a beefy boy, with stringy hair, holding a mug of a steaming liquid. I sniffed the air. Mmmm coffee. I mentally sighed I delight. I walked over to him.
"Uh, excuse me," I started "could you tell me where you got that"
He looked up at me with hazel eyes and nodded toward a table. I looked over and saw a satr taking a mug and filling it.
"Thanks...uh.." I trailed off
"Michael" he stated
"Well, thank you Michael." I said meekly and began walking toward the table
"Hey! I never got your name." Michael said, turning around.
"I'm Rachael."
"Nice name, see you around, Rachael!" And with that, he got up and left.
I grabbed a mug that said "Do not speak to me, mortal, until this drink is gone!" I filled it with pipping hot coffee. The scent filled my nostrils. I added some hazelnut creamer and sat down at a small table facing the whole camp. I took a sip, remembering how much Nico loved hazelnut. AGGGGGHHHH! That kid is just everywhere in my brain! Get out! Get out!
"Hey, is this seat taken?" Someone said, breaking me from my thoughts. I looked up to see a kid with black hair and green eyes looking down at me.
"Oh, uh no. It's not. " I smiled.
He chuckled and sat across from me. "What is your name?"
"I'm Rachael," I said taking a sip of my drink. "What's yours?"
"Percy" he said looking toward the Athena cabin. "What are you doing up so early? I usually have to sit alone. The only other camper that gets up this early is Michael." Percy continued.
"I like to get up early," I stated like an idiot "yeah, I met him. He's nice."
Percy raised an eyebrow "Nice is NOT what I would call a child of Ares."
"That's so stereotypical," I stuck my tongue out at him. "Maybe it's just you"
He chuckled, "you are something if you have faith in a child of Ares,"
Just then a curly haired blonde girl with grey eyes tapped his shoulder. he stood up and kissed her cheek, "see you around, Rachael." they left holding hands. So cute. My gods. I'm pathetic. I finished my coffee and put my cup in a bin, labeled 'MUGS'. I jogged over to the big house, I needed some answers.
I knocked on the big double doors, but they just at swung open. I peeked inside and saw Chiron and Nico talking quietly. Chiron looked up with a worried face, but it changed to a smile when he saw me standing awkwardly by the door. "Rachael! Come in! I was just about to send for you."
I raised an eyebrow, it was 5:48 in the morning. Does he send for people that early? Does anyone? I slowly walked over and sat on a wooden chair.
"Nico was just telling me you don't know when you were born. Is this true?" Chiron asked looking at me.
I nodded, and he turned back to Nico "do you know when she was born?"
"Yes, same year as me, 1905. We were the best of friends and...." he trailed off. I looked down at my hands. Chiron must've taken a hint because he didn't pressure that subject.
"My dear, how are you here then? I understand Nico's story, but yours doesn't make sense." Chiron said in a hushed tone. I looked up at his face. His eyes reflected pain and suffering, confusion and guilt. They were older that they appeared to be. His expression showed of weariness and hurt. Like he lost something precious to him, and never found it. I could trust this man, well horse man, with my whole being. If only I had something to trust him with.
I don't even know myself anymore.
"I don't know what to do." I said tiredly "I don't even know who I am anymore."
"Well will find out." Said Nico calmly
I nodded again, and got up. "See you around, Chiron."
He nodded and put a hand in my shoulder "Stay strong, Rachael."
I heard the horn that officially started breakfast. I looked towards the pavilion, seeing Connor had saved me a seat. That boy, gosh.

I started toward him, not really having an appetite.

____________________________
PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT YOU SPECTACULAR THOUGHT. I LIVE OFF OF THE FEEDBACK. POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE! It helps me develop a story YOU would like! So comment!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leo: they won't comment, you know.

Me: can it, fire farts

Leo: hey! I was being honest! That's what friends are for.

Me: I will smack you boy!

Leo: o no! -_- I'm going to die...ah.. *note the sarcasm*

Me: I could send a fangirl after you...

Leo: NO OKAY AHHHHH. I WILL STOP I PROMISE! Aghhh!

Me:.... -_-