Case #2 - Poetry of Cinder

Oh my god it's an update holy shit

Sif stands over her son, antsy. Who wouldn't be when they didn't fully know the extent of what their son could do. She looks over Wednesday and Y/n, while Nico patches up Nero.

"That kid certainly packs a punch," Nico jests, finishing up, The two glare at her, "Okay, too soon."

"He's only going to get stronger," Sif says, sighing deeply sitting down. She holds her head in her hands, "Only Fen would know what to do."

"And where is that bastard Sif?" Nero asks, his hand on the hilt of the Red Queen.

"Doing much more than you think Nero," She glares at him, a slight glare of blue in her eyes due to the neon sign.

"Your son not only threw my ass a literal block, he just tried to kill me Sif," Nero shakily stands, most of his weight on his sword, "Fen needs to get here and quick. We can't sit here and wait for the answer to magically appear."

"You can," both their heads snap towards the door. Fenrir, in the flesh or what seems to be the flesh. Fenrir rests his eyes on Y/n, "Oh my dearest son, Your body is going through the changes of which I've dreaded to come," His hand brushes some of the hair out of his son's face.

"What is this change Fenrir?" Nero asks, putting on his jacket.

"The Werewolf blood and demon are fighting each other," He kneels, placing a hand on Y/n's chest. Closing his eyes, "The rite of Cinder is needed to fuse both blood lines."

"We don't have that time, the world is at stake Fen," Sif sighs, staring at her son.

"Make the time, and he will be the strongest of both of our bloodlines Sif. The strongest werewolf and the strongest demon. He is your son and if this goes on with nothing being done, it's no different than you throwing him away."

"What do we have to do Fen?"

"Luckily, we are already in Redgrave. Get him to your father's and uncle's childhood home. I'll meet you there and take care of it," He disappears in a puff of smoke. Sif sighs, getting Nico to take off quickly. The entire ride, Sif watched over the two. Wednesday opens her eyes first, immediately closing them as she feels pain from her stomach.

"Where am I?" Wednesday asks shakily, her eyes darting to everything and anything that looks like it could tell her.

"In the van," Sif tells her, as Wednesday's eyes drift towards Y/n. She tries to get up and over to him, "Lay back down, you're in no position to move."

"What happened to him?" She asks, looking at Sif, worry evident in her abyssal eyes.

"His blood is fighting itself, nothing too major."

"Nothing too major my ass, the kid can die Sif," Nero yells from the back.

"Shut up Nero," Sif growls, her devil trigger leaking out more than she wanted. The suffocating feeling falling onto everyone in the van, "Sorry."

"Please help him," Wednesday asks softly as she falls back to sleep. Sif sighs as they pull up to the ruins of the estate. She remembers coming here once when it would still be considered a house. The brilliant architecture destroyed by demons, having Nero carry Y/n. She spots Fenrir waiting.

"Fen," She says as they place Y/n down on the makeshift altar.

"Hi honey, we don't have much time," he slices the palm of his hand dripping his blood into the goblet, handing the knife so she can do the same. Once her blood is in, he pours it over Y/n. The blood immediately absorbs into his skin, "Let it be known, that the unholy offspring between wolf and demon has come to maturity. May the flames burn the walls separating the two sides of his blood. Lord of Cinders, help this child and this child will change the world," he claps his hands together as the candles around him light. The fire of the candles catches the surrounding house on fire, "We wait outside, for the Lord of Cinder to choose if he's worthy or not."

Y/n opens his eyes looking around in the void, everything around him is darkness. He looks around confused as he feels immense heat on his back, turning around he's met with a hulking hunk of fire, "Young one," It's voice reverbs through his ears, "Your being is something of unnaturality. One of which I should kill right here and now. Yet your parents care for you."

"Who are you?" Y/n asks, getting used to the heat it's putting off.

"I am The Lord of Cinder, your father and mother have started the ritual of cinder to save you child," Cinder says as they become more human-like, "To burn the walls separating your two sides, something that will hurt, the worst pain you will ever feel."

"Why did they do that?"

"Your demon and werewolf blood is fighting each other, no matter which side wins, you will die. This ritual is to forcefully mix the two. If you're worthy, you will live. I don't need to tell you if you're not."

"Wha-" His body pulses making him spit out blood, "ARGGHHH!" He feels his bones crack and move. His insides bubbling, his screams fall on deaf ears as Cinder stares down at him with indifference. His bones move back into place, the pain is nearly unbearable. He slowly slips in and out of consciousness.

"Good job Child," The void of flame and darkness disappears from his vision as his eyes adjust to the burning ruins of an estate. The trio wait as the fire swirls into a tornado, the heat becomes nearly unbearable for them till it vanishes. They stare eager, swiping away the ash, they see Y/n stumbling out. His aura is off putting, more so than before. It feels like a monster hungry for blood that's caged. They don't feel his inner conflict in fact, they feel something more terrifying than they have ever felt before.

"Son?" Fenrir calls out, still on guard just in case. Watching on as his son stumbles towards them, stopping in front of them. Looking up at them.

"That fucking hurt."