Not Ready

Percy stumbled, trying to catch his breath. This couldn't be happening, not yet. It was too soon. They arrived to fast, he wasn't prepared. He took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves.

"Nico." He said. Nico rushed to his side, putting this arm around Percy's waist for support. Percy moved his hands out in front of him, trying to feel if anything was there. Nothing. "Annabeth?" He questioned. "Yes?" He heard her soft voice echo in front of him.

"Wh-What should we do?" Percy stuttered.

He heard shuffling, and felt the warmth of someone's body near him.
"Annie?" He asked. He felt her put her small hand on his shoulder, reassuring him.

"Gather your weapons guys, we need to be prepared." Jason's voice came off strong and Percy heard the group dash to gather their things.

Nico peered over the railing of the ship, looking down at the huge island.

He narrowed his eyes, worried for Percy, who nervously paced the deck, his hands shaking with fear. He sighed sadly and came up behind the sea prince, wrapping his arms around Percy's frail frame.

"It's okay Percy, we'll be fine." He said softly into Percy's ear.

He heard a deep breath from the shadow in front of him, and then something unexpected happened.

Percy struggled out of his arms, frantically pushing the Ghost King's arms out of the way. Nico furrowed his eyebrow, but Percy began to struggle more. "Percy. Percy, stop! You're gonna hurt yourself!" Nico said.

"No!" Percy screamed.

Nico's eyes went wide. Percy never said no to him. He stumbled back, releasing his grip on the other boy. "Percy?" He asked worriedly.

Percy stumbled to the edge of the slippery deck. Percy's body shook, his fear clearly showing.

Nico's eyes widened with worry. "I-I'm not ready...I can't do this!" Percy shouted. Percy gripped the edge of the railing. "N-Nico, I'm not ready for a quest, I'm not ready for any of this, please, don't make me do this." Percy looked back at Nico, tears beginning to fall from his milky eyes. "Percy, mio bello, we have to." Nico said sadly.

"I CAN'T!!!" Percy screamed.

"I'm blind Nico! How am I going to know where to go?! How can I survive if I can't see?! HOW?!!" Perch shouted at him.

Nico sighed sadly, coming up behind the shaking boy and wrapping his arms around him. Percy turned and sobbed into Nico's shirt, shaking rapidly. "Percy you'll be okay, I'll be there to help you, okay? I'll protect you, be your guide the whole way through. I will never let anything harm you in any way. Never." Nico said softly in Percy's ear.

Percy nodded. "O-Okay..." He said. Percy looked up and let a small smile grace his features. "Thank you" he whispered.

Nico smiled sadly. "Anytime my love, any time."