Chapter 8: The Ring

Chapter 8: The Ring- Nico's POV

   After the tornado Leo wanted to make sure that no other whether disasters happened again. He installed a weather tracker to the ship, to monitor the whether going on around them. He also put life jackets in every room on the Argo II, equipped with a life raft, food, first aid, and a survival kit. Nico thanked him for this, knowing that if something happened his boyfriend would be safe.

                                                 ***

   Nico stood with Percy at the front of the ship, staring out into the orange sunset reflecting on the glittery sea. His arms were wrapped tightly around the slightly smaller boy, head resting on the ruffled black hair. Nico sighed. " What is it, love?" Percy asked, worried. " I've been thinking and... I think having kids would be nice..." the Italian said looking away. Percy looked up at the other boy shocked. " We' re not even married yet." Percy said. " I just know that demigods don't usually live for a long time, with all the monsters and stuff chasing after them. I just want to make the best of our live, so if something does happen to one of us, we can still have good time before that." Nico said, sighing. Percy blushed and snuggled up into Nico's embrace. " I would love that." Nico looked at him then towards the ship's door leading to the rooms. " Hey? Mi amore, will you help me gather up the others? Bring them to the front of the ship."  Percy shrugged and wiggled out of Nico's arms to go gather up the crew.

                                                  ***

   The crew stood there awkwardly as they stared at he couple with confused expressions. Suddenly their expressions drastically changed. Nico slowly got down on one knee, pulling out a small black box from the pocket of his aviator jacket. Percy cried out, clasping his hands over his mouth. "Percy Jackson, will you do the honor of being my husband?" Tears rolled down Percy's cheeks as he wrapped his arms around the other boy and kissed Nico, full of his love for him. " Yes, yes, yes. YES!" Percy cried tears of joy as he clung to his new husband. Nico buried his nose into the crook of Percy's neck, smiling. " I love you." " I love you too." Percy moved his head to the side, looking at the crew. Some of them were in tears, and other were beaming with joy. Leo sprang up and clapped his hands. " Well you know what this means, IT'S TIME TO CELEBRATE!"

                                                 ***

   The whole crew thew a huge party, Greek/ Roman style. Nico watched as Leo, Annabeth, and Percy played Just Dance 4, sometimes singing along. After two hours of truth or dare and spin the bottle, and tons of of other party games Nico couldn't remember Percy finally crashed out. Right now his head was on Nico's chest and his arms were wrapped around the son of Hades. Nico smiled and ran his hand through the fluffy black hair. He slowly got up and carried Percy bridal style to their room. He slowly put Percy down on the bed and climbed in next to him. He clung to Percy, knowing that he would never let anything take the love of his life away from him, never.