Chapter 10: I Can't Lose You

Chapter 10

Nico awoke, feeling drowsy. He groaned and shifted, coming face to face with the grim face of Will Solace."Okay Nico. I need you to take a few deep breaths. I have new to tell you and I don't want you to kill me." Nico whipped around, and almost crumbled in sadness. His lover lay on they bed beside him, pale skin and dark veins running down his cheekbones. " WHAT THE HECK?! WHO THE HELL DID THIS! I'LL KILL THEM!" Nico roared, his breath ragged. Tears were glistening in his eyes, threatening to fall. "I know who did it." Nico turned, grabbing Will's shirt and pulling him up."WHO?!" Will's eyes were wide in fear. The room had turned almost pitch black, shadows swirling around. Nico's eyes were wild, filled with pain and rage. " Tartarus." Will whispered. " What?!" " It affected him more than we thought. Part of Tartarus has been with him, killing him inside. You need someone to save him. Only a god or godess's power can save him. Nico you need to hurry, at most he has two weeks. He's dying Nico. Save him." Nico pushed him down, running over to his hurt fiance. He grabbed the pale boy's hand, gripping it to his chest. "Please mi amore. I can't lose you. First my m-mom then Bia-Bianca. Not you. Please. Not you." He kissed Percy forehead and curled up beside him, wrapping his arms around Percy's waist protectively. "I can't lose you. I won't."

***

Nico stayed at the camp for two days, his eyes never leaving Percy's weak frame. But, soon he had to leave, needing to continue his quest. He figured if they rescued Aphrodite, she would help Percy. She sure as well do it or he would beat her up, he didn't care if she was a goddess. He shadow traveled them to them to the Argo II, collapsing with Percy in his arms. He awoke feeling Percy's body shaking against him. He got up rushing to the ambrosia, getting a tiny piece of the square. He slowly opened Percy's mouth and pushed in the piece. He kissed Percy gently. "Perce. I need you to eat the ambrosia." Percy groggily opened his eyes, moving his mouth and slowly chewed. Nico took in all of Percy's features. He looked so frail, so close to death, his beautiful eyes shuttered to the world and his thin chest shuddering under the weight of the task of merely breathing. Nico knew, better than anyone, just how much of a toll Tartarus took on a mortal's body. He had once been there himself, looking as weak and frail as Percy did now. He reached out and brushed a loose strand of hair out of Percy's face, smiling sadly. He kissed Percy's pale forehead, and silently left the room. When he got out, the rest of the team was standing outside the door, their eyes wide and faces etched with worry. Hazel's golden eyes gleamed with worry and fear." Ni-Nico? What happened to Percy?" Nico didn't respond. "Nico?" Nico fell to his knees tears streaming down hs face. His rage and saddness fueled his voice, coming out as a scream. "HE'S DYING! DYING! AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF TARTARUS! STUPID TARTARUS! JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE! HAVEN'T YOU DONE ENOUGH!!!" Everyone stepped back, suprised by Nico outburst, but most of all terrified. The boat had become black with shadows, even on the sunny day. Nico's eyes were filled with a mad fury, he looked...broken." I can't lose him. I just can't"

A/N: Hello! It's almost Christmas! Yay I'm so happy! I know the last chapter was really short, but this kinda makes up for it. Don't forget my contest! This chapter is sad. *sigh* Okay...well...bye!