Chapter 02

2008

                                      2008

Ran was in the bathroom hunched over the sink brushing his teeth. He wakes up and smells the minty taste of toothpaste. With his mind lost and not working properly, he almost slips and falls, however, his agile hands manage to hold the corners of the sink counter, he wakes up from the empty minded reverie and tries to situate himself.

"What? I should be dead." Surprise and uncertainty is Ran's thinking.

He lifts his head and stares wide eyed in horror at his reflection in the mirror, mouth smeared with toothpaste foam running down his chin, he sees his old two tone long hair, he turns his head to the right side and looks puzzled around the simple bathroom, with only a shower, the toilet and the old sink counter with the hygiene products arranged, he saw some specific products that only belonged to a certain person, Y/N Mitsuya, and the purple towel embroidered with the names of Ran and Rindou that she had made herself, hanging to the side.

"I'm in my old home. Do the gods really exist and did they hear me? Or are they mocking me?"

Ran's eyes filled with tears and he ran to his room, he grabbed his old flip phone and flipped it open to check the date, month and year.

"06/06/2008, 6 days before Y/N's 18th birthday. I went back 10 years ago."

Ran sat on the bed and looked around the room not believing that he really went back to the past and he saw that it really was his old room because everything was the same, he passed his hand over his mouth and realized that he had not washed it because the toothpaste it was still there. He went back to the bathroom and rinsed his mouth then returned to the bedroom, he walked to his closet always tidy because Y/N kept his clothes and Rindou's always washed, ironed and stored neatly. Ran took a T-shirt from the drawer and pulled a pair of jeans off the hanger, he dressed and didn't bother to braid his hair. He went downstairs and saw Rindou sitting on the couch playing video games with Shion on the other couch against the wall, he walked over to the two and looked at Rindou, he had the same blonde hairstyle with blue highlights and the round glasses hanging on his nose.

"Where is Y/N?"

Rindou pressed the pause button and looked confused at Ran first for waking up before 4pm and second for the stupid question, Shion's barking in the background filled the sudden silence.

"At school, Ran, where else?" Rindou frowned in irritation at the rhetorical question and went back to playing.

"I'm going to see her."

"WHAT? She must be in the middle of class, Ran. We won't see her until tomorrow night."

Ran took his motorcycle keys, put on his shoes and left without saying goodbye to the two, Shion complaining to Rindou for not helping him kill the enemy and Rindou with his mouth open looking at the empty space where Ran was before.