Chapter 08

06/12/2008

                                06/12/2008

" What did you think?"

"I...I have no words. It's beautiful,Nii-chan."

Takashi stood behind Y/N as she admired the dress he sewed for her in a full-length mirror. She ran her slender fingers delicately over the white flowers embroidered on the strap of the dress. The pearly white silk dress that contoured her curves well was mermaid tail. She turned around with her back to the mirror and hugged Takashi.

 She turned around with her back to the mirror and hugged Takashi

"Thank you, Nii-chan. Your sewing skills are impressive. I feel honored."

"Happy Birthday, little sister. I will always do the best for you. It took me 1 year to do it."

The two siblings separate from the hug. Y/N's eyes widened in amazement.

" 1 year!! And you hid it so well because I couldn't find it anywhere."

"The hiding place is a secret."

Takashi winked in amusement. Y/N huffed, lifting the dress up to her hips so it wouldn't tear and going to her closet, pulling the round wooden handle. She crouches down as she moves away a folded change of clothes. Y/N peeks over her shoulder and sees a confused Takashi standing behind her.

"Your gift is back here. You'll have to take it out because it's heavy."

Y/N gets up and pulls away. Takashi looks at her curiously and goes to where she was previously. He carefully pulls out the large box, not believing what he just saw. Tears stream down his face.

"The gift isn't just from me. Hakkai, Draken, grandma and momy helped too."

He gets up immediately and hugs her. Can't believe he got a brand new sewing machine as a gift. Takashi did most of the work he created using the school's sewing machines when he had free time or during his time at the sewing club he was president of. A sewing machine is expensive and he was saving up to buy one. He never imagined he would have one so soon in front of him.

" Fuck! This is fucking expensive. Like you guys…."

Y/N pulls away and looks into his teary lavender eyes.