Chapter 03

Ran came home. He was greeted by a worried voice from Rindou.

"Hey. Nii-san."

Rindou was agitated and worried after reading Y/N's message. Shion was already gone.

"Ran, are you really okay?"

Rindou asks hesitantly

"Y/N said you cried. That's weird and scary, Nii-san. So, tell me what's going on?"

Ran looked anguished at his younger brother. He felt a burning all over his body.

Ran doesn't know how to tell Rindou that he came from the future. That they were gangsters. That Y/N died because of him.

Most likely, Ran would get punched by Rindou to wake him up from whatever kind of shit was going through his head.

Flashback

2008

"Ran, where are you going?"

Y/N ran after Ran and Rindou.

She was desperate, anguished, nonconformist, confused by their decision to end everything they had so suddenly. Without a plausible explanation.

Ran turned abruptly. He looked at her with a cold, serious look.

Y/N felt shivers run down her spine. Her body shook. She wanted to think that the chills and shivering were due to the winter cold.

But, they weren't. They were from fear. Y/N backed away.

Ran had never looked at her that way before.

Rindou and Ran had argued earlier.

The youngest of the Haitani was totally against Ran's decision. To separate from her. And let her go.

Rindou had his eyes closed. He clenched his jaw tightly in disbelief. Angry at submitting to Ran's decision. His hands were balled into fists. The nails dug into his skin, drawing a half moon, hurting until he drew blood.

He had his back to Y/N. Rindou didn't want to look at her.

He knew she had tears in her eyes.

If he turned. He was sure.  He would give in and run to her. Tell her that this was all a lie and that they love her.

"Y/N, it's over! We don't want you anymore. You were just a hobby for us. We never loved you. We got tired of playing house with you. We cheated on you. We slept with lots of other prettier women and more sexy than you. You meant nothing to us. Put it through your thick skull."

Ran uttered monotonously.

"No, no. I didn't want to tell you that.

But now that I'm here.