~ The World's Against Me ~

"Skyler I don't know what to do." I say while he hugs me "I- Why would he do that to me?! I lo-" I cut myself off before sighing, looking up to blink back the tears that threaten to slip.

"I know," He whispered "I know, I know, I know.. I know that it hurts. That you feel like the world is slipping, that its against you, again. But, it's not, Au, it's not. You know, he loves you too though. I bet he regrets it, that's why he was with you this morning." He tilts my head up to meet his eyes, he has such a beautiful shade of  grey.. "But you know what I know best? That what will help you feel better is a cup of hot chocolate, that's not too hot, but rather, on the warmer side of warm." He said, getting up and sticking out a hand to pull me up.

"I still don't get how you know me this well." I laugh lightly as we make our way to the great hall.

It has now been 3 days since I overheard- that conversation.
A day after that was when he- comforted me.
And yesterday was when Blaise- apologised to me, on his behalf.

And today is just today.

I have classes but I'm still hurt.

I have this sinking feeling in my chest that won't leave and this pit at the bottom of my stomach.

We make it into the great hall and I slip my hand into Skyler's, to feel safer, feel less watched.

"Its ok." He whispers, I don't reply.

I walk in behind him and he takes me to Hufflepuff table.

I see Luna looking at me like she had to say something, Ginny glaring at me and Hermione trying to avoid eye contact. They'd been like this for about 2 months now.. I miss them.. I miss us.

And now, without Mattheo, I felt even more alone.

I look up to Slytherin table where my eyes meet Mattheo, reaching uncomfortable eye contact. I look away but don't miss the saddened look in his eye as he glances at my and Skyler's hands.

Why did he be sad if he was the one who made a bet on me?

I sit down and don't look up as Skyler hands me the hot chocolate before wrapping his arms around me, his lemony scent circulating around me.

I shiver slightly as he lets go.

"C-can I borrow your hoodie?" I ask, my voice croaky.

"Course." He pulls it off before handing it to me, which I gladly put on, whispering 'thanks' in return.

I look up to see Mattheo looking at someone, I trail my eyes to see another girl. So, so, so much prettier than me.

I feel tears in my eyes as I fiddle with the bottom of Skyler's hoodie.

I gently pull out my headphones from my bag, flooding the world around me. Breath in, breath out, I tell myself.

The world's against me.

The song that plays is 'Those Eyes' and I can't even skip it and I'm just going to end up crying because of how sad the lyrics are.

I pull out the plugs but the song still plays in my mind, I know every lyric and I am annoying myself right now.

One thing I like about Hogwarts mornings are the owls that fly in and drop letters everywhere. But I almost never get letters, unless its important because my mother has no time to write to me. So, to say I am shocked is an understatement when my family owl flies in and sticks its leg out for me to untie a letter.

I take it out carefully and look at it.

As soon as I open it I see the first word: CONFIDENTIAL. TO BE READ ALONE THEN BURNT.