~ Please ~

The air in my lungs leaves me when I hear him.

"Skyler, go." I whisper.

"But-"

"No buts." I say harshly. "Leave."

He walks away silently as I'm left to face Mattheo by myself.

"Can I help you?" I ask impatiently.

"Don't do it." He says.

"Do what?" I play dumb.

"Don't go against my father." He grits out, "You'll end up dying."

"Why do you care? I thought you wanted me dead?"

"Don't do that either." Mattheo says harshly, "Don't think just because I'm hurt that I don't care about you? I do, alright? And it hurts everytime I see you with Malfoy but then I think to myself 'maybe she's better off without me' all because I have myself convinced that I'll get you killed. And I have myself convinced that you hate me.. but that's not important- you just can't die. You're not allowed to. That's not how I want us to end." Tears glistened in his eyes as he said this, "Just don't put yourself at risk for others." Saying this, he walks starts to walk away.

My heart clenched as I watched him, "Wait! Mattheo!" I yell, rushing after him, "Wait, please!"

"Is what you said true?" He stops suddenly, making me run into him. I gasp softly and take a step back.

"I- Is what true?" I clear my throat, knowing well what he meant.

"With- with Malfoy?" He asks softly.

I look up at him and straight into his eyes. "Yeah," I breathe out, looking away and breaking the unbearable eye contact.

"You could've told-"

"Don't pull that card on me," I say harshly, "You know damn well I couldn't. You know damn well that you bullied me, tormented me, didn't listen when I tried to talk to you!" My voice was raised, "You know fucking well that I tried to talk to you, but it was you that decided to blame me!" Tears filled my eyes, "I don't know what you wanted me to do. I gave up though, didn't I?"

"Don't give up!" He yells back, backing me up into the wall, "That's exactly what I'm telling you- DON'T GIVE UP ON ME!" He runs a shaking hand through his head as his let's put a wavering laugh, "Don't you get it? I care about you! No matter how much I don't want to!"

"That's not my fault!" I yell back, my hands resting on his shirt, tempted to curl, "I can't control you! Or your feeling! I DIDN'T ASK FOR YOU TO NOT LISTEN TO ME! You could've come-"

"Yeah well maybe I hoped you'd leave Malfoy and come back to me!" He admits, a hand snaking onto my waist, "Maybe, I'd hope you'd prove him wrong. Maybe I'd hoped you weren't with him!"

I swallow thickly, "I didn't know then that you'd been forced, I'd assumed you wanted to." He at its as tears glaze his eyes, "And I'll admit, it was wrong on my behalf, but still. You could've done something.. anything!"

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

"I'm not even mad at you," Mattheo admits bitterly, "I couldn't be for longer than a day, after that it was me convincing myself I was over you. Turns out I'm not." He chuckles quietly. "I'm sorry, too. For not listening when you tried."

"It doesn't make a difference, does it?" I say bitterly, "We're still here, and would've been even if we were open."

Suddenly all I feel is soft lips against mine, a soft passionate kiss resting. It was tender, gentle and full of hidden emotions. It was one that was due long ago, that finally found its way. I kiss Mattheo back gently, my hands slipping up and tugging on his hair, while his cupped my cheeks. Fuck.. these butterflies. I'd missed this.

We pull away panting, gazing into each other's eyes. "Fuck, I'd missed that too much." He whispered, resting his forehead on mine.

"Me too." I reply dumbly while his hands slide past my breasts and onto my hips, "Me too." I repeat with an exhale as he traced circles on my hips.

"Cat got your tongue?" He smirks, "C'mon love, you always have a smart mouth; What happened to it now?" He chuckled when all I do is let out a soft, incoherent sound.

"Fuck I've missed you.." He says as he leans down and kisses me in one quick motion.

I whine as he pulls away, and the stupid boy only looks amused. He has no consideration of how I must feel.

I chase after his lips as he pulls back, giving me a sly look when I do.

"No more, we'll get caught." He says, as if he's super responsible.

"Come to my dorm." I groan into his chest as I bury my face into it.

"Actually?" Mattheo stiffens. I nod. "I can't.." He says, shaking his head slightly.

"Please.." I beg him, hoping he'll cave.

"You're killing me, baby.." He groans softly, before finally giving in and letting me lead him.

✧✫❦✫✧

A/N: And i've finally updated!!

My schedule will be more busy btw so less updates :(

I love y'all tho <3

Follow me if you don't already, please i'm so close to 700..
and vote on the book so it can become bigger <3

i hope y'all liked the chapter!!

also what next? 🤨😧 maybe smex 😃🫣🤭😏😩

or maybe they fight \(-_-)/

who knowssss 😱😱

eheheh vote for good results ❤️❤️

Love,
Ava!! <33