~ The Unbreakable Vow ~

I walk to the great hall with Mattheo for dinner. It was finally time for dinner when the first years would be sorted. But it also meant I'd have to see Malfoy.

I was scared.

So, so scared.

I had a panic attack just thinking about it but wouldn't tell Mattheo why I had one.

I didn't want him to find out.

I couldn't let him find out.

He couldn't know.

I had to put it off.

But if I didn't tell him, what would happen when he found out?

Because one day or another, he would. And the more I put it off, the worse the truth would get in the end.

So when would I tell him? I would tell him after dinner, hoping that Malfoy wasn't going to bring anything up before it while sitting through it.

If he did, I would personally kill him.

Maybe not.. but I'd like to.

All throughout, my leg was constantly bouncing, and I think Mattheo noticed too.

"Hey, Aura, are you oka-" But Mattheo's cut off by a sneering voice that cuts through. One that I was dreading, one I did not want to hear today, nor ever. The voice of Draco Malfoy.

"Aura White." He drawls, "What an honour, to be your-"

"Stop." I command him, and he smirks.

"What?" He feigns shock, "You haven't told your love?" Malfoy snickers, "How funny. Here I was, thinking he knew." He glances at Mattheo next, "Wouldn't you like to know, Riddle?"

Malfoy then turns around, his head held high as I'm left fiddling dangerously quickly the fake rings on my fingers.

I let out a jagged breath, forcing back tears that were welling up in my eyes.

I couldn't cry.

Not here.

Not now.

I abruptly get up, ignoring the chaos around me and quickly rush out, both Skyler and Mattheo following me out.

I feel arms wrap around me, Skyler's arms. And Mattheo rushes to wipe the tears that have now slipped my eyes, carefully tilting my chin up to look at him.

"I think it be best you take her away from here." Skyler tells him, "Take her away, somewhere quiet, and give her the time she needs."

"What do you know that I don't?" Mattheo asks, but is met to simple silence.

With a heavy heart and sigh, Mattheo gently takes me into his hold, guiding me on through the castle until we reach the library.

"Sweetheart, I need you to talk to me," Mattheo gently sits me down, "What happened? What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing." I stumble out, "Nothing is w-wrong."

I had another paper in my pocket, one from this morning.

I was to take classes, exclusive to me which would help me in ruling my future kingdom. Malfoy was to join.

"That, we both know is a lie." Mattheo states the obvious, "I don't even hav to read your mind to find out that much."

"Seriously." My voice now probably sounded desperate, "Nothing has happened."

"Look, Aura," Mattheo sighs, "I know you're lying, but I also know you don't want to be pushed, so I'll leave you. But please," He says, his voice sweet as honey, "Please, tell me soon."