~ Promise ~

It was time for us to head back home today and I was least to say scared. I was going to be with Voldemort for fudge's sake!

At least I had Mattheo, even if we weren't..

But I had to see Draco, since we were going to be at Malfoy Manor.

That's fun.

*Inward sarcasm*

We get onto the scarlet engine and find a carriage, I sit next to Mattheo who sits opposite Luna and Skyler who sits opposite me.

As the train ride home starts I start playing with Skyler.

"Sky, chopsticks?" I ask as he nods back grinning.

After about 5 rounds I gave up "I definitely won."

Sky scoffs "No way, lady! I am the long raining champion of Chopsticks." He states, a hand held to his heart to which I giggle.

I look over to my right, feeling someone's gaze on me and am not surprised when I see Mattheo watching me with a small smile on his face.

"What?" I ask but he simply shakes his head, looking away and out of the carriage door.

"Ok.." I shrug to myself as I see Luna staring at Mattheo.. hang on.. no- she couldn't- could she?

No, he's mine.

No, he's not, though.

Not anymore, at least..

I distract myself before asking Skyler a question "Sky, do you have a date to the ball thingie?"

"Do you?" He asks me back

"No." I roll my eyes as I blush lightly, embarrassed about the fact that I hadn't asked anyone yet

"So why are you blushing?" He pokes my cheek but I brush it away from my face

"It's called embarrassment." I state

"You like someone, Aura?" He asks me "Go on, tell me." He winks dramatically

"No, I don't." I say even though I knew I still loved Mattheo..

"Don't lie!" Skyler whines

"You're so cute" I laugh as he whines "But no."

He gasps "So you do like someone, you just won't tell me!" I simply shrug, not letting him pry deeper than necessary.

I could feel Mattheo gaze on me as Skyler and I talked.

"As I was saying, do you want to go with me?" I ask Skyler as Mattheo's eyes snapped to me and glanced at Sky before reaching mine again as I watched him, my mouth lightly open.

"Sure." Skyler shrugs, obviously not processing the death glare Mattheo was giving him.

✧✫❦✫✧

It was all fine, until the train stopped, when it was night and we heard screaming coming from the front of the train, a distant sound that was so close.

Luna and Skyler had left to find out what it was but Mattheo stayed behind with me since I didn't want to know.

But then we heard it, a howl, the howl of a werewolf..

"Aura?" Mattheo whispers and I nod as I push myself into the seat as much as I could "I-" He hesitates before taking in a deep breath "I think.. there are Death Eaters on this train."

"What?" I ask as my head snaps outside "M-Mattheo, I'm scared." I say as water fills in my eyes. Death Eaters.. just like the ones who destroyed half our castle, who tortured my father, who took him to Voldemort.