~ Pledge ~

Skyler walks away and I turn around to find Malfoy smirking at me.

"Where's your little lover now?" He pouts, "Gone?"

I try to ignore him but he grabs onto my wrist, "You don't get to leave this time, you're stuck with me."

"Let go." I say.

"You can't even hurt me." His grip gets tighter. "You can't hurt me because it's again the law for you to now, even as the princess, you can't hurt your fiancé. So, my princess," He grins, making me cringe, "Will you dance with me?"

It was to taunt me, because he knew I had no choice. No choice but to comply to what he asked from me.

I close my eyes momentarily as he whisks me to the dance floor.

The song started and I could've never been more glad that it was a swap dance thing.

I left Draco after 2 minutes and spun to a random guy from Durnstrangs.

"Pretty girl." He says, his thick Bulgarian accent evident.

"Thanks..?" I say.
The rest of the dance with him was silent as he smiled at me dreamily.

I swapped and was a lot happier when I realised it was a boy from Hogwarts, until I realised which boy it was.

"Having fun with Malfoy?" He asks coldly.

I look away and don't answer him.

"C'mon, scared to answer?" Mattheo taunts, "Or ashamed because you're cheating on him too?"

"I never cheated on y-" I was cut off.

"Yeah? So why'd I have to hear it from Malfoy that you were fucking him?" He asks, "You could've just told me, you know."

"I was forced." I say with clenched teeth, "It wasn't a choice I got to make."

At the same moment I'm spun out from his arms and into Skyler's, "Saw you talking to Riddle." He says with a small worried frown.

"More like him doing all the talking; I feel guilty." I tell him, "I don't like that I hurt him but at the same time, I wish he'd listen to me."

"I know." Skyler say, giving me a small squeeze, "But you can't do anything unless he understands."

I nod slowly as I'm spun away again and to Harry Potter, "Hi, Harry."

"Hi Aura!" He says brightly.

"Who're you here with?" I ask, trying to make small talk, even though I'm horrid at it.

"Cho Chang." He rambles, "She's so pretty and I'm so happy I'm with her!"

"I have to spin again, bye, Harry."

"Goodbye Aura!" He says, "I'll see you soon." He winks, it was a tad bit too obvious and left me facepalming myself in my head.

The dance finally finished 3 people later and I instantly go to find Skyler.

"Are we bringing them out yet?" He asks quietly and I nod once in response.

He looks at someone and gives them an almost unnoticeable nod, which is returned. The nods spread like wildfire as each person slips out of the hall carefully.

There was a fairly small crowd that consisted of Dumbledore's Army and a few others that Skyler or I trusted.

Mostly Skyler though.

I see Ginny, Luna and Hermione there and my breathe instantly gets caught in my throat.

Hermione offers a small wave in my direction to which I offer a small smile back to.

Weird.

Luna beams at me and I give her a small smile too, but Ginny completely ignores me.

Good for her.

Better I didn't get too close to anyone here, considering they could all die. It would only bring more grief to me.

"So you must all be curious as to why we have chosen you for this meeting." Skyler announces, his voice hushed. "It is because we are going to war." His gaze feathers over everyone, as if assessing how well they could fight, "If you wish to leave, now would be a good time for once you join, you have pledged your loyalties to the royal highness, Princess Aura; and once you join, the only way out is through death."

Harsh.

I step forward, "It is important that once you join, you do not leave, so that Voldemort can be defeated."

I wait a couple of seconds, a few people stare at the hallways as if contemplating leaving but no one moves.

"Ok then, first you must pledge you alliance, step forward to either Skyler or I."

They each for two single file lines and wait.

"Hand." I say softly.

The first boy holds it out and I hold my wand to his finger, "Pignus Nobis." I say and watch as a fancy golden R marks into his skin.

He giggles slightly, "That tickled."

I smile at him as he leaves.

5 minutes later, they all held the mark.

"Did that hurt for anyone?" I ask and they all shake their heads. Good, I don't say.

"If it hurts at any point, come to Skyler or I." I tell them.

"Now here's the plan.. we're going to get on Voldemort's side, or rather; I'm going to get on his side. Then, we're going to bring him down from the inside."

"So we're going to cheat Voldemort."

I smirk, "Yes we are."

"And what if someone were to find out?"

"We kill them." Skyler says.

"What if we have a traitor from the inside?"

"They'll die without us needing to lift a finger." I reply.

Silence falls between the crowd, all whispers dying out as people stared at me with wide eyes and fear.

"Though I trust none of you will be letting me down?" I ask, suddenly reminding myself of my mother.

They slowly nod their heads.

"You are dismissed, when there is a meeting, your fingers will itch and an invisible golden path will lead you to the meeting place. Only the branded may see your letters, and only if you have the letter will you know where to go." I explain, "One rule when you're out there; Don't get caught."

Everyone scurries away and Skyler turn to me, "I see it now."

"See what?"

"Why he fell for you.. you're- impressive." He says, awe covering his features.

A bittersweet smile reaches my lips, "I don't think he'd approve of this plan very much."

"I don't think I do." A deep voice says from behind me.

✧✫❦✫✧

A/N: How do we like it?!??!?

and yes it is a cliffhanger :)

also this is an exception to my posing schedule because i'm sick and have nothing else to do.

Love,
Ava <333