Part 5: Orphans

"Mob! You've gotta listen to me! It's urgent!" Dimple stopped the young man from entering his car.

"Oh? Did something happen at the Shadow meeting?" It was an early, crisp morning. Mob was all dressed up in multiple layers of coats, ready to hit the road with a bag of belongings to last him a weekend.

"Worse! They're already starting to plan their attack, starting with (F/n)! Apparently, they're sending out small groups one after another to gage her strength and collect Intel!"

"That is troubling news.." Mob's eyes widened. Then he looked over at the suitcase sitting in his passenger seat. "I've already made plans to visit Serizawa, though... Do you think you can hang back and tell Ritsu to call me if anything serious happens?" Worried as he may have been, if (F/n) really was as powerful as she led others to believe, then certainly the woman could take care of herself in the meantime. The only reason he would need to get involved would be if an all-out war was declared.

"You know, your priorities really confuse me sometimes.. but alright. I'll go bother your brother if anything ever gets serious." The green spirit crossed his arms.

"Thanks, Dimple."

"No problem, kid."

----------

It was easier to avoid getting car sick when he was in control of the wheel. He just had to keep his eyes on the road and not let his mind wander too far. Mob drove at a steady pace up the mountain. He remembered why he rarely visited. The winding roads and high altitude really was a struggle for him.

Eventually, Mob had to take a break. He parked on the side of the road and stood beside the plain black car with his hands on his knees to let himself recuperate. The thin, one lane road had no other drivers. Not only was it a struggle to get up here, but he was completely alone doing it too.

Ring ring!.. Ring ring!

Mob opened his phone and accepted the call. "Hey there, bud." Serizawa's voice was cheerful as ever on the other end. "You know you don't have to follow road rules, right?.. This is private property, after all. You can just fly your car on over here."

"Heh... How did you know I was stopped at the side of the road?"

"Just a hunch.. Now hurry on over here! My students are excited to meet you!"

"Right.." Mob left the call and slid the phone into his pocket. He lifted his head and smiled up the mountain. It was a cloudy day. He couldn't see the peak through all the layers of gray. After he had recovered enough, the young man crawled into his car and shut the door behind him. He buckled the seatbelt out of habit and turned off the engine. Then, the car began to float. He made it zoom over the trees. A perfect shortcut. Only a minute later, he came to a large structure and parking lot. Mob landed as if he were a helicopter. A man and his wife stood outside at the large front doors.

The place was beautiful. Ancient and possessing a long history, the (villa) was in the style of any other old Japanese structure, with its dark, swooping tiled roofs and layered, white plus rich wood walls. The surrounding trees and plants made up a beautiful garden around it, though now they were mostly hibernating under snow thanks to the winter season. The structure itself was massive. Like one mini village strung together. Several buildings, each with their own intended purposes, were attached via enclosed bridges or hallways, creating one beautiful courtyard with pathways and trees intermixed. And at the very center of it all was a flat, stone paved circle where celebrations or sparring matches were held. Sometimes even both.

Mob had visited this place before, but he always wished he could visit more often.